Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Leisure Lake Resort & Chicago's Pizzeria Dues

Left Comlara and headed north to Joliet in the great state of Illinois. We chose Leisure Lake Campground because it is somewhat near Chicago, but not in the very busy city. It's a great campground, but dusty and windy all the time. I mean, all the time! Pizzeria Dues is a legendary deep dish pizza joint in Chicago. Had to give it a go. It is very good, but it doesn't match Shotgun Dan's in Sherwood, AR, our local hit pizza joint. Having an amazing time here folks.

https://youtu.be/gq7k5pw7mH4 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Visiting Neice in Bloomington, IL

Our Western Tour adventure began on 18 Aug 15 leaving Mayflower, AR headed towards Bloomington, IL to visit our niece, her son, and boyfriend. We stopped half way and stayed at a Corps of Engineers park called "Gun Creek CG" for one night. Got in late and it started raining/storming right after setup. Next morning was great and we headed to Amber's. Visited with them, ate Q, did the movie thang, and had some great convo. Made this vid as I'm trying to for all our travels.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gun Creek CG, Rend Lake, Whittington, IL - Day 2

Arrived at Gun Creek CG, Rend Lake, Whittington, IL last night after dark. Didn't want to arrive after dark because it makes setup more difficult. Next door camper helped us setup too. Love the friendly nature of campers! One of the 5th wheel tires was slowly loosing air. Believe it's the tire-pressure monitoring sensor letting some out. Put some air in it and replaced the sensor. Will see how it does now. So, yeah, had a couple drinks, watched some DVR recorded shows since it's just an overnight ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Our Maiden Voyage to Maumelle Park, 3-6 Jul 15

Maumelle Park is our favorite local park. We typically go there at least once a year. This trip is our Maiden Voyage for Voyager II, our new Grand Design 303RLS RV. I scheduled it for the 4th of July so we could watch the fireworks on the beautiful Arkansas River. We also celebrated Gina's birthday on the 5th with a lovely dinner at YaYa's and caught the movie Jurassic World at the IMax. Great weekend!

IMG_0603.jpg

Here's my video on it: https://youtu.be/zr800M4I6MQ ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.