CaptPicardo

1. Lots new, and I'm way behind in bloggin

Last post was in Greybull, Wy (great little urban park in the middle of nowhere). Since that time we moved onto Big Timber, MT, then Spring Creek Trout Ranch, then Shyrock (Superior) MT - where we bought a permanent lot, then on to St Regis, MT (an even smaller town but awesome cherries), over to Warden, Wa for a week of golfing at Sage Hills, now we're in Mallard Creek RV and Golf resort. I suck at golfing but it's good exercise, especially when it's 100 degrees out . We've gotten Starlink to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Greybull, WY KOA

As we were charting our course for the western loop (west of Colorado) we came across a little KOA in the middle of nowhere in the little town of Greybull, Wyoming. It was at a convenient location for our route and are currently staying here for a couple of weeks. Yes, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere but have come to find out it's a jewel of a park. Great concrete padded sites, FHU, patio, swing, your own propane grill and the internet is ~40 Mbps download/5Mbps upload. All services work great ...
  3. Hydraulic solutioning

We're in a 5er with 6 point hydraulic jacks and three hydraulic slides (one electric slide) and we encountered a puzzling situation where our jacks would always retract when we pulled in the hydraulic slides, sometimes a little, mostly fully retract. Then the mid and back jacks stopped moving at all unless manually manipulated. Hydraulic fluid was at the appropriate level. Then the 5er would not really auto-level at all. All voltages good and no shorts detected. Many hours on customer support calls ...

Updated 05-15-2021 at 09:15 PM by CaptPicardo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Two Parks in Kentucky: Georgetown and Louisville South KOA

I'm going to try to capture notes for two parks in Kentucky in one post...mostly coz I'm lazy.

Georgetown - Whispering Hills: Only here 1 week
    Summary: This is mostly a gravel parking lot with hook-ups. There are some pretty decent spots if you are a travel-trailer but even then it get's packed on weekends and can be challenging to navigate with big rig.
    Pros:
    - The young people that checked us in (ages 14-16 I'm guessing) were quite friendly and helpful (but ...

Updated 05-15-2021 at 08:56 PM by CaptPicardo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Awesome remote park with great wifi and ultimate hosts: Lynchburg/Blue Ridge KOA

Beautiful park in the woods, but only 20 mins to Food Lion, Walmart, Advanced Auto. Hosts and staff are amazing, very friendly and the most engaged we’ve ever seen and service is top-notch - they deliver packages, mail, wood, propane and even RV materials when I changed out my hot water anode! They installed more Wifi antennas around the park and I was able to get 27Mbps download and 4 Mbps fairly consistently – which is top speed for any park thus far across the country. There are plenty of activities ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.