Blog Comments

Thanks
    Great pictures!
    Now that's a truck I have a 2500HD
    Very Nice. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as your last truck
    One jealous guy right here!
    Nice! Am sure you will love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralMichBo
    Glad you had a nice time - can't wait to do a long trip like that. I hope you would have been comfortable with all the "accessories" you won at the rally! Stay warm - the first blast is about to hit!

We'll try to stay warm, you stay warm too. These early cold blasts are cruel.
    When you get to take your first long trip you'll love it. Hard to put into words how great and relaxing it felt to just be out there wandering.
    This was our first extended trip and surely not the last. I half joking said to Gary we should just go and stay out a whole year.

That package we won from Grass Haven was great. We put almost all of it to good use in the trailer. Quite a bit got used , I did more of cooking inside than I ever had camping before.
    What a difference a well stocked kitchen can make!
    There were also 2 chairs that got shipped after we left on the trip. Got to finally see them when we returned home.
    Very, Very nice, sturdy chairs

Now I get the chore of sorting out all the expenses to see how much went to gas, camping fees etc.. That will give us a vague idea of what the longer western trip will estimate to be.
    Be sure to get the Senior pass for the NPs when you become eligible, that saved us quite a few bucks in camping fees. I think the only place we paid full price for a site was the KY SP we stayed at.
    Glad you had a good trip!

We're winterized, due for the annual inspection (already!!!), and looking forward to the trip to Florida in late January.
    Glad you had a nice time - can't wait to do a long trip like that. I hope you would have been comfortable with all the "accessories" you won at the rally! Stay warm - the first blast is about to hit!
    Thanks Dave. Thing haven't changed much in Oneida since 2009. We have since seen several stays and the one person who actually returned our call told us how bad the stay issue is.

So far Oneida is the one city we have traveled through that has totally turned me off. Today we went to the laundromat there, I had started my first load and then found the majority of the machines either did not work or were filthy inside the machine. Found 2 more that worked and were clean seeing as I had to wait for the first load. It was nasty enough that we took our wet clothes and drove all the way to Jamestown to dry in the laundromat there. If anyone reading this needs to wash clothes while in this area...go to Jamestown. They have a beautiful clean laundromat with machines that work

Marcy
    Nice photos Marcy.

We stayed at Big South Fork in 2009 at Bandy Creek and Blue Heron campgrounds. There was a nice, young shepherd mix dog that had been abandoned at the Blue Heron CG while we were there that was obviously in distress. We ended up taking it to a vet in Oneida thinking that we'd adopt it and paid to have an exam and x-ray done. It turned to have perforations in the bowels and it was recommended that it be euthanized. The vet helped out with reducing the costs but said abandoned dogs were a big problem in the area.

Dave
    It is a shame that no one cared enough to help. We left it in a safe spot with enclosed fencing so it wouldn't get hit by a car. We did what we could to save the little thing, being on the road and having 3 of our own with us we really had no other options other than to let it wander to starve of get hit by a car.

Thanks Just a guy, the falls are Cumberland falls in southern KY.
    I hate to hear that. Budgets and cutbacks are here to stay. People in our area were just dropping their dogs off over the fence at the dog pound....so many that they built a taller fence to prevent that.

Nice pics tho....the waterfall pic looks like a postcard.
    What a shame that the folks from that area don't have the heart to take care of their animals. What did you finally do with the poor little doggie?
    Thanks for mentioning this Park. We pass it on I81 traveling btwn MD & TN and my lovely bride keeps saying we should make that a stop. I researched the park previously and did not find any facility w/full hookups. Your post prompted me to look further. I now see the Camp Burson area, right outside the park. We'll add it to our list. Safe travels!
    Looks like a nice park Marcy - Love those quiet parks!!
    Nice photos Marcy...we might have to check into this state park a little more if we visit the area again next May/June.
    Still not much as far as TV. Verizon coverage is still sketchy, comes and goes..gone more than its here. I find if the charger is attached it gets a better signal when there is one.
    Douthat is nice. Last time we were there there was no over the air TV and no Verizon cell coverage.
    Hi! And thanks all, we are currently at Douthat State Park in VA
    Beautiful park we have a pretty nice site. Will update with pics once I upload from the camera. Wish I had last night because somehow I managed a 3G signal just now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.