Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Papa and Mimi
    We are just starting out with out 311BHS, first trip is 6/3 for a long weekend. We live in NC and are starting at Dan Nicholas in Salisbury. We will have to try Powhatan because we love Asheville! I am from Florida (Daytona), where did you camp while in Florida? Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Hi! Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a bit nuts here since we returned . I hope you enjoy your new trailer as much as we have our. Lk Powhatan is one of our favorite stops to spend a week or so. It's a diverse area and Asheville is a great town.

In FL we stayed at an Encore resort park in Bradenton, it's not what I would call camping but it was a nice spot to settle in for a few months with plenty to do in the area to keep us entertained. The biggest downfall is that it's close to I 75, but our spot is as far from it as possible in the park. We like the area because there's a good mix of nature, culture and close enough to the Gulf for the ocean breeze to keep us comfortable and spend the day at the beach.

Marcy
    We are just starting out with out 311BHS, first trip is 6/3 for a long weekend. We live in NC and are starting at Dan Nicholas in Salisbury. We will have to try Powhatan because we love Asheville! I am from Florida (Daytona), where did you camp while in Florida? Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
    Nice shot Marcy...that's what leaves a grin on your face and anticipate returning next winter. Safe travels.

Dave
    Yes, another fabulous sunset picture, Marcy !.....safe travels and fun "camping" on your way home.

Dan
    Thanks Kevin, We made our way to NC and are LOVING that we are "camping" after months of lodging in FL.

Beautiful!!! I can't wait to avoid the winters here. Have a safe and fun trip.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Have a good trip, see you in May
    Greg there are places to stay all over FL, what area are you thinking of heading to. Also the further south and closer you get to the Water the higer the cost.

We just picked up our new 303RLS, after this summer, we are considering snow birding in Florida this winter. We did a couple of years in a condo in Destin. But we are now looking at do this in an RV. Any suggestions on campgrounds in Florida?
    Glad you had a good time in Florida, and wishing you a safe trip home.
    We had a really nice winter...hard to say winter. Its cold at home, not to thrilled about that.
    They barely broke 50 today. We can only milk the trip home for 10 days, then real life kicks back in
    Sounds like y'all had a pretty good winter. There are some nice people in Florida
    my wife and I were out there two weeks ago and experience the awful crowds at Yellowstone. we stayed at grizzly RV at the west entrance outside the park a awesome campground.we took one day and drove south to Jackson Hole not as many people there had a great time.when we left Yellowstone we drove to Glacier National Park Montana that was our favorite place.we pulled our new 317 rst reflection had no issues
    [QUOTE=WhittleBurner;bt1806][COLOR=#ff0000]Flhagan, we took 16 from Newcastle today and it's a little narrow in a spot or 2 and fairly curvy in one spot but no hair pins to be concerned about. 7% grade going down for a few miles. I'd take our 303 trough there, just take your time so you don't toss things around inside to badly.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the route info.
    Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy your travels!
    Flhagan, we took 16 from Newcastle today and it's a little narrow in a spot or 2 and fairly curvy in one spot but no hair pins to be concerned about. 7% grade going down for a few miles. I'd take our 303 trough there, just take your time so you don't toss things around inside to badly.
    Dan you are so right about this area. We are loving it, the landscape is so diverse.
    We couldn't think of a much better spot for a wedding. Enjoy the family campout,they are always fun and no better way to enjoy time with each other.
    Marcy & Gary--Custer State Park and the Black Hills is a spectacular area. We are going to be at Game Lodge and Grace Coolidge campgrounds in mid July. We have camped in the Black Hills many times over the years. Family outdoor wedding at Game Lodge and then camping with our daughter, son-in-law and new grandson for a week. Enjoy the beautiful Black Hills and the rest of your trip !

Dan
    We're staying at stockade Lake, we come in from the east, Rapid City, we took 79 to 36 to 16A and is a very doable drive . We're about 4 miles from Custer. From the city is an easy drive across the whole Park on 16A. A few curves but nothing hairy.

We'll be camping near Glacier the 2nd week of July
    We are headed to Glacier then Custer in July. Been to Mt. Rushmore, but not Custer to Legion Lake in our 303. Is that where you guys are staying? If so, how was the road there?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.