Justaguy

1. Land of 10,000 lakes -- give or take a few.

We say good-bye to Minnesota today and head South. It is very nice here but Good Sam really needs to start doing a better job on their rating system. Was told yesterday that GS just shows up at the owners of the campground door asks for the check and then leaves. He said they never even looked at his place. He said it is almost (I said almost) like bribes and payoffs just to get listed in with GS. $1000 for the minimum package and up to $3500 for the website link on the GS page. Sounds like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is it misleading or is it an out right lie?

The drive. The long, long laborious drive. Around and down, and then up and down then around again. I don't know which is worse - the straight line interstate that goes on forever or the endless curves and incessant rumble of broken asphalt on county roads.

The idea of parking the rig for a night or five seems almost palatable when I think of the park lot I booked a week ago. I think of the things I am going to do. But first I got to set up and maybe get a little supper as it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pure Michigan -- Jack Pine Lodge and Campground

I can hear Tim Allen and the commercial about the beauty of Michigan in my head. "Blah, blah, blah and your journey begins at Michigan.org."

The problem is Jack Pine Lodge is not gonna be on that commercial...or any other commercial for that matter. It is very unique with a 1930's retro cool bar / restaurant that sits in front of some very well cared for cabins. The cabins sit in front of a brand new RV park that has about 24 spaces - 21 with full hook-ups. The whole ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mackinac City

One more item to check of the bucket list.

1300 miles later we pulled into to Mackinac Mill Creek Campground about 4 hours ago. It was a beautiful drive and Michigan is a such a gorgeous state. We stopped at Hubbard Lake to visit relatives and then on up here to Mackinac. Hubbard Lake is incredible. Wouldn't want to be here in the Winter but it is really nice now!

For those that care --14.3 mpg and approaching 6k miles on the China bombs. (Yup...living on the edge.) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Anchor Down....

...for those that have been, you are right -- beautiful. For those that are looking to go, they are right -- beautiful.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.