Blog Comments

You gotta love the UP, eh? You should see that place in the Winter - sleds galore and lots of snow. We camp a lot in the UP - Indian Lake State Park is one of our favorite spots - might have to try the Jack Pine one of these days. Lake Muskellonge is another "quiet" State park that big rigs can use.
    Campground is nice...very nice slots if you know what to look for and can book ahead. We are in the 904 slot. Very nice but was initially going to be crammed into slot 92. NO BUENO. Those slots are for TT and pop-ups. Tiny and your next door neighbor was 10 away -- 2 of those 10 are taken up by slides on either side. They were able to put us in 904. 900s are is very nice and only a short walk to the water.

It is a campground and not an RV park and it is huge. They're a lot of tent campers and be watchful of the little kiddos --many blind corners. Try to come early as the later in the afternoon seems to back up traffic into the campground out on the hwy. Besides that...the weather is so nice. A real July treat for Texas folks.
    Sounds great! We are planning to visit that area for a few weeks on the way to the rally. How is the campground?
    UP spots last fall - Tahquamenom Falls, shoreline drive from Grand Maris to Munising, Pictured Rocks, Marquette, Houghton-Hancock area, Copper Harbor, Lake of the Clouds, Ironwood. We have a cabin near DeTour Village in the East end of the UP so I get to spend a lot of time up there.
    I'll have to follow you're travels. We're planning on visiting Minnesota, Wisconsin and UP Michigan Sept/Oct after the rally in Elkhart.

Dave
    thanks for the suggestions. I think we'll be staying about 3 weeks up here and then head over to Minnesota.we're going to the Upper Peninsula for 2 weeks. Will be sure to check things out.
    Oh my goodness - there is so much to do in the area! Besides the island, Sault Ste. Marie is just an hour to the North. The Soo Locks, ship tours, freighter watching, to name a few in the Soo area. If you are going to be in the area for a while, the drive from Cross Village to Harbor Beach is beautiful any time of the year. Many places to visit in that general area - Petoskey, Charlevoix, in the UP there is Paradise, Whitefish Point all within an hour and a half of Mill Creek. We are camping at Wilderness State Park in two weeks and can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim
    - The only semi I'll see in the next 1/2 hour will be when we get to that narrow bridge.
    - If there is one diesel pump and 12 gasoline pumps at the station, the only car in the place will be parked at the diesel pump.
    - Nothing sounds better than the patter of rain on the roof of the RV.
    - Coffee tastes much better in the morning when you are watching the wildlife in the campground.
    - The GPS will only go on the fritz when you are negotiating a freeway during rush hour traffic.
    - The fishing was always perfect yesterday.
    - The free beer will always be tomorrow.
    LOL....too funny, Jim.
    - The only semi I'll see in the next 1/2 hour will be when we get to that narrow bridge.
    - If there is one diesel pump and 12 gasoline pumps at the station, the only car in the place will be parked at the diesel pump.
    - Nothing sounds better than the patter of rain on the roof of the RV.
    - Coffee tastes much better in the morning when you are watching the wildlife in the campground.
    - The GPS will only go on the fritz when you are negotiating a freeway during rush hour traffic.
    - The fishing was always perfect yesterday.
    - The free beer will always be tomorrow.
    That's what I figured, that area is always packed on the 4th.
    About half right now. Sold out from Wednesday thru the weekend.
    No alcohol for me, nice of you to offer though. Is the campground full?
    I'll buy ya a beer....
    I am leaving for Anchor Down in the morning
    Those are pretty good.
    -You sleep better camping
    -Calories don't count when camping
    -Your agreed upon hand signals suddenly mean new things to your husband and it changes from moment to moment.
    -You realized early on dogs are better then your kids
    -Campfires are the most wonderful thing on this planet and the only way it can get any better is when you share it.
    Ok—here are mine
    --Food always taste better when cooked outside
    --When you look at a bigger better rig than yours, then you say to yourself “that aint camping”, you will own one within two years
    --Don’t memorize your wife’s hand signals while backing up. They mean something different each trip!!!
    Great story! But you didn't find the still!
    Quote Originally Posted by mageorge
    Good Story!
    ...it was kinda 'ify' there for a while but the highway goes to washboard dirt and, so I've been told, it connects back to I-40 -- don't think I'm going to find out if it does.
    Good Story!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.