Justaguy

1. Thetford Aqua Magic Style II

Here ya go Lily F. Was asked to put this on our website.

I was dreading this job - REALLY dreading this job. But there may be others out there that have a Style II and are hesitant to start.

It isn't hard at all and, truth be told, I should have been it done a while back. The Style II is made to be easily removed AND maintained. I have to say that the mechanical parts could be made out of brass or metal instead of plastic but the design cannot be better for maintenance. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I've never been to Egypt but I have seen a pryamid. (Black Tank Tps)

Our tanks were cleaned yesterday and lessons were learned. I'll post tips from the tank guru. (Black Pyramid or TEE-Pee had formed like concrete in the black tank) I have not proven these tips but they come from people who clean these thing for a living.

1. KEEP ALL TANKS CLOSED. Let water out as needed for showers but keep all tanks closed - even when hooked up to campground sewer. Dump gray tanks when black tank is dumped. Not an absolute but liquid soap is better than bar ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Maxxis not Maximus

After much thought and watching 'Gladiator', Russell Crow got me thinking about those danged tires again. I have also seen 3 5th wheels and 2 TT with extensive side and fender skirt damage from jacked up tire blow-outs.

We are headed to Mesa in January and the thought of changing out one of those on the side of I-40 really didn't give me a thrill.

To be fair - those Westlake tires never once gave me an ounce of trouble. The most I had to do to them was add 5 pounds ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Diesel Mechanics and Duct Tape

We'll be headed back in to Dallas Fort Worth on Sunday and we will end our 2 month, 4500 mile romp. The 337 has performed great! No issues. Well, no issues with the 337.

The Ford blew an inter cooler hose on the side of I-25 coming South out of Wyoming. This was the worst case scenario that you hope never happens. It was just starting to rain, traffic was heavy Southbound and we were between Nowhere Wyoming and Outthere Colorado. We had just started up a slight grade and the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pikes Peak Pucker

I really don't remember Pikes Peak being that steep or that FREAKING SCARY driving up it. We were driving up and the first half wasn't that bad, it's the second half that had me wondering how we were ever going to make it down. I swear, the front end of the truck was hanging over the edge by 10 inches as the wheels turned on the pavement. I don't remember being on a road that steep and there wasn't anything but air between us and 500 feet of rock below. Holy crap! Going up there was a !@#@!! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.