Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. What i did on my summer vacation

While many of us enjoy our camping time there is something I have been doing for the past 10 years that really helps to keep me young. Each summer I spend a week doing mission work with a group of teenaged. The camp has grown from 8 campers the first year to over 60 this year. Each year they go out into the community and do community service work. This isn't a new concept but is always fun and challenging as some of them have never done work of this nature before. This year I have a group of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. Trip to PA and first damage

Got the unit back for the service center. Five days later we headed out to Pennsylvania to visit family. A nice KOA close to family and unfortunately also close to RT 70. Get some road noise which doesn't bother me but does the DW.

On the trip up I had my first episode of loss of situational awareness. It is fixable. More disturbing however is when the unit went in for service I told the dealer about a leak in the shower. He claimed he was unable to dublicate the leak. First shower ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Memorial Day

We are out again. This time to Colonial Beach in VA. The campground is a smaller facility but our site is huge. Have the fiver, a 9'x14' tent two vechiles, and seven chairs spread out around. Three of our grandchildren (and their parents) are with us this trip. The door of the trailer is certainly getting a workout this trip.

Other reflections and musings on this holiday weekend. Being a retired veteran these holidays always are a time of reflection. I have friends who are no ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1st trip reflections

All in all we had a wonderful outing for our first real usage. We have developed a punch list of things that need to be corrected including; a leak in our dining room slide, leak in the shower faucet and possibly the drian of the shower, the awning LEDs have some non-functional lights, and water in the pass though storage area. We have a service scheduled with the closest dealer for the 29th of the month and hope that that experience is as positive as the rest of the Solitude experience has been. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day three

We have been here at lake Gaston for three days now. The campground is nice enough but occupied mostly by seasonal and permeant campers. Some of the sites are very smallish and the includes the one we are in. However the view of the lake is great which is good for my in-laws. However we need to work on their definition of chill in'.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.