Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Weekend Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    Like many of us, we do other things than camp. This past weekend I did one of those with my step son. My late father-in-law built several dune buggies back in the late 60's and early 70's. When he passed in July, he wanted my step-son to have the one that he built for himself, so this weekend we went and recovered it. While that sound easy enough, the plates on the buggy expired in '88 and I suspect it had been "parked" where it was since the end of the season in '87. After first
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. Giving back to the community

As many of you know, I take a week each summer and give back to my community through a local organization called Helping Hands. This year was no different. For the past week I and a couple of friends have led a team of six high school girls in the building of a handicap ramp. This ramp was attached to an existing deck approximately 47 inches off the ground. The would normally require a ramp 47 feet long to meet code. However, this ramp, because of the slope of the land ended up being 59' long. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Random Thoughts

I'm sitting here in my cubical and just processing several random thoughts. One of these involves taking care of aging parents. Linda and my availability to camp is reduced greatly by the need to provide ongoing care for her 85 and 83 year old parents. Most of our weekends are spent taking care of their 7 acres and doing routine household upkeep that they cannot do. Of course that also ensures that I keep working to help provide for their extended care where their limited retirement income does ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Just another day at the office

Well not actually. Every 4-5 years we change out our training aids as they as also battle spares and need routine overhaul. Today was remove the old gun to make way for the refurbished unit to take it's place. In these pictures, the shiled has been removed as well as the barrel. In further proof that this is truely a government run project, the gun fixture had to be modified to fit the gun.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. what i did on my summer vacation Part II

Well three days into camp and things are moving along. We have 65 main campers here who have come from not only Virginia but also Ohio and North Carolina. I enjoy doing this every year. Here are a couple of more picture of what the team of girls that I am working with have accomplished so far. It may not seem like much, but they have learned how to use power tools, set the slope on a ramp, ensure decks are not only level, but also square. They had to sink a 6x6 post through concrete so they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.