TucsonJim

1. Use the Forum or Blog?

Recently, we've had several new members post questions in the BLOG Section vs. the Forum. The forum is usually much more active than the BLOG section and frequently these questions don't get the focus or answers that they would in the forum. I thought it might be a good idea to define typical usage for the BLOG and Forum.

Main Purpose of a Forum: Creates Discussion on a particular topic by encouraging comments from other users.
    Main Purpose of a BLOG: Posting or content ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Haven't posted to the blog in quite a while.

As many of you might know, we were having some pretty serious problems with our 337. Last February, we worked with GD to get it back to the factory at their expense and get all the issues resolved. One of the biggest was the damage that the cleaning crew at the dealership did while prepping the rig for delivery. They got ink from a leaking pen on the wallpaper. The dealer didn't have the skill to repair it, so GD took care of it along with a litany of warranty issues.

In May, we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Home Safe and Sound

We pulled into our Tucson home this morning. We pulled the 337 exactly 8,500 miles. We have a list of minor issues to resolve before our next trip in October, but overall, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of this fifth wheel. The overall towing mileage for the Ford was 11.1 mpg.

The Mrs. has an appt with our cardiologist in the morning to try and get to the bottom of her health issue.

When I get a chance, I'll put together a list of issues we've encountered ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Summer Road Trip Coming to an Early End.

Over the last couple of weeks, we visited Louisville KY, Nashville TN, New Orleans, LA, and now we're in Houston TX. We've seen the Louisville Slugger bat factory, Churchill Downs, some distilleries, Bourbon Street, the WWII museum in NOLA and many, many other great places across this country.

However, one of our biggest fears came to pass in Nashville. Normally, I'm the one with a heart issue, but this time it was the Mrs. She was having some chest discomfort and pressure. She ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Journey Continues (uneventfully)

We made it from Maine to Ohio! We now have 6,500 miles on the 337, and it's holding up well. We took a drive from Ohio to middlebury so we could pick up the parts for the awning, and take a tour of the factory. OMG! That factory is impressive. I've worked in manufacturing for 30 years, so I have quite a bit of experience on how a factory should run. These guys are good. They are working hard and smart. The assemblers are motivated and I've never seen workers hussle as much as thes guys and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.