Dave and Monica

Update from Keweenaw Peninsula

Rate this Entry
We’ve had to make a change in plans. The parks in the U.P. of Michigan are still open but are shutting down their water systems and dump stations on Oct. 15th, so we’ve cancelled our reservations at Tahquamenon Falls State Park in the eastern upper peninsula. We now staying at Wilderness State Park (near Mackinaw) Oct. 14 – 20th, then moving on to Metamora-Hadley Rec Area (near Flint) on Oct 20th.

I’ve attached a few more photos from the Fort Wilkins area.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had never been to this part of the country until this past Summer -- I sure want to go back. Dave, is the last picture near Picture Rocks? Are the parks empty?
    Yep they get ready for winter earlier in Da UP. I wish I had known you were changing up and staying down in our neck of the woods. Holly rec area (our go to camp close to home) is a much niceer c g than Metamora and in the same general area.

But we have had a few changes along our way too, you go with the flow and keep havin´ fun!
    We were at Newberry KOA last week, colors were outstanding. We made trips to Taquamenon Falls, Paradise and Whitefish Point. Wife also helped me get my deer stand up, near Curtis, for when I return for bow hunting. She's the best. FYI, we've stayed at Clearwater CG in Ortonville a couple of times, they're pretty nice and a couple Solitudes and a Momentum were there as well. Happy travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy
    I had never been to this part of the country until this past Summer -- I sure want to go back. Dave, is the last picture near Picture Rocks? Are the parks empty?

The last picture is from Hunter's Point at Copper Harbor in the Keweenaw Peninsula.

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.