Most Popular Blogs

1. The state of the RV Industry.

A little background on me. I have camped most of my life. From a Starcraft tent trailer to miscellaneous 19-23 footers of my parents, to my TrailManor, Trail Lite, Starwood, Starcraft, WindJammer, and now my Solitude. I've got over 100K miles towing, and now 16 of my own years of owning RV's. As you can tell, I'm a bit of a junkie...not just for RV's, but also for information. I started my first RV site in 1998, and still own it today. I run sites because I love the information flow. That ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First Winter as Snowbirds

I thought I'd start this blogging effort to share our experiences as First Time Snowbirds in Florida. It has been our dream/plan for a long time to do this every year as long as we're able to travel. I retired 8 years ago, but continued to work part-time until recently. Wife retired 5 years ago, and still works occasionally, but is fortunate enough to set her own schedule. We live in Maryland, so the winters are not terrible. We both grew up in the South though, so cold/snow/ice are not our ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example

This is a post I originally made to the Ram Truck forums but would be of great information here as well.

To sum it up, before buying have a good look at the door jamb stickers!

Well after buying a brand new Ram 1500 fully setup for towing and planning to upgrade to a larger travel trailer I finally had reality set in (well "legal" reality).

I had been reading threads all over the Interwebs and listened to debates from the "Weight ...
    Tags: 1500, maximum, payload, tow
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. In West Yellowstone Montana

We had a lot of fun in Cody Wyoming, spent most of it in the Buffalo Bill museum, what a great exhibit. ? We also drove to the Buffalo Bill dam and reservoir. Never did catch up to the other family with the Reflection, but did see them driving thru Yellowstone. Last day in Cody we did the Chuck Wagon dinner and Western Music Show followed by a great rodeo.
    Left Cody on sunday and headed to West Yellowstone National Park. This trip we had no me Mechanical problems, couldn't have gone smother. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Oregon

Visited some folks in this one so wasn't catching a lot of video. Got some. Oregon, huh. Wild with spectacular coastline. No, it doesn't rain as much as everyone says and it didn't rain at all while we were there (that I can recall). Surprisingly comfortable inland, but beach areas cold this time of year. Water very cold.

Video: https://youtu.be/E9P8W5vi_fM

Brent
    Categories
    Uncategorized

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.