WhittleBurner

Off and running. ....Again

Rate this Entry
We're on the road again, this time for 6 weeks. We're a few days into the trip and at Custer State Park right now. A huge beautiful Park, we'll have plenty of exploring within the park to do.

Yesterday was Mt Rushmore , Black hills, Needles highway and a stroll through Keystone. Have no pics on the tablet to post but if you click the link below to the dogs blog there are a few. When I boot up the lap top I can add a couple.

The 303 is behaving nicely.

Hope you all are having a great summer so far!

On edit 6/24

We moved on and are in Rawlins, Wy visiting family. Spent the afternoon in the Medicine Bow National Forest. Beautiful area. Pics are on the blog and the 303 is still being good!

3dogsandatrailer

Updated 06-24-2015 at 08:09 PM by WhittleBurner (Change of location)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We are headed to Glacier then Custer in July. Been to Mt. Rushmore, but not Custer to Legion Lake in our 303. Is that where you guys are staying? If so, how was the road there?
    We're staying at stockade Lake, we come in from the east, Rapid City, we took 79 to 36 to 16A and is a very doable drive . We're about 4 miles from Custer. From the city is an easy drive across the whole Park on 16A. A few curves but nothing hairy.

We'll be camping near Glacier the 2nd week of July
    Marcy & Gary--Custer State Park and the Black Hills is a spectacular area. We are going to be at Game Lodge and Grace Coolidge campgrounds in mid July. We have camped in the Black Hills many times over the years. Family outdoor wedding at Game Lodge and then camping with our daughter, son-in-law and new grandson for a week. Enjoy the beautiful Black Hills and the rest of your trip !

Dan
    Dan you are so right about this area. We are loving it, the landscape is so diverse.
    We couldn't think of a much better spot for a wedding. Enjoy the family campout,they are always fun and no better way to enjoy time with each other.
    Flhagan, we took 16 from Newcastle today and it's a little narrow in a spot or 2 and fairly curvy in one spot but no hair pins to be concerned about. 7% grade going down for a few miles. I'd take our 303 trough there, just take your time so you don't toss things around inside to badly.
    Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy your travels!
    [QUOTE=WhittleBurner;bt1806][COLOR=#ff0000]Flhagan, we took 16 from Newcastle today and it's a little narrow in a spot or 2 and fairly curvy in one spot but no hair pins to be concerned about. 7% grade going down for a few miles. I'd take our 303 trough there, just take your time so you don't toss things around inside to badly.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the route info.

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.