Justaguy

The long way around....

Rate this Entry
We started a 2 month journey yesterday in wild hopes and great anticipation - the great Smokey Mountains await!

The heat in Texas is just beginning to build and we couldn't wait to escape the humidity that comes along with it.

The 480 mile leg finished yesterday after a ten hour drive. I-40 (East and West) on the west side of Memphis has road construction and we had a hour delay because of it. Today, we head on in to Gatlinburg for a week.

The 337 has done very well. I keep waiting for our problems to start. The F-250 6.7 diesel has preformed flawlessly. We averaged 13.9 mpg on this leg - pretty good for hauling 11,000 on it's back.

Tom Sawyer RV park is located in West Memphis, TN, right at the banks of the Mississippi River. If you are head through this part of the country this is a very nice park to stay a couple of days - very clean (don't know about the bathrooms) and picturesque. You wouldn't know it coming in but once you get here you will like it.
Tags: problems
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica
    Enjoy your trip...what areas are you planning to stop in?

Dave
    Hey Dave, we are here in the Smokey's for a couple of weeks...headed up to the U.P of MI, then over to Coos Bay, OR and then back home. Are you guys still out? Refer working?
    2hams, I have never been further East than Missouri. The Smokey Mountains are incredible. Lots of pics and this is only our 3 day out!

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.