dloase

What i did on my summer vacation

Rate this Entry
While many of us enjoy our camping time there is something I have been doing for the past 10 years that really helps to keep me young. Each summer I spend a week doing mission work with a group of teenaged. The camp has grown from 8 campers the first year to over 60 this year. Each year they go out into the community and do community service work. This isn't a new concept but is always fun and challenging as some of them have never done work of this nature before. This year I have a group of high school girls. Their job for the week is to construct a 27' long handicap ramp and a 15X10 landing. I thought I would attach some pictures and share this adventure with y'all.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thumbs up on this one...
    What a great way to spend a week and hopefully influence some young lives in a positive way! Kudos dloase!
    This is a wonderful project gives these young girls a building experience and a great sense of accomplishment. This is a great activity to be involved in, thanks for sharing the pictures.

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.