All Blog Entries

1. Drilling Holes in the New Camper

It is pretty much inevitable than within 6 months of getting new vehicle, a ham radio operator will drill a hole somewhere to feed antenna cables inside. I came home from work one day to find a new hole in the roof of the new Chevy 2500 HD back in 2008.

During our trip to Florida Dave spent time thinking about where to set up to operate radio. On that trip he did put his radio in the basement, and enjoyed playing radio while sitting outside. Since there is no desk (i.e., obvious spot) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. New Storage Spot

When we returned from Florida in March it had obviously been raining (and snowing!) quite a bit. Our storage spot is at a campground across the road from the Dismal Swamp Canal -- pretty low lying area. The storage site is at a 90 angle to the paved road through the middle, but the area is very wide but gets muddy and wet. You can see where this is going, right? Well Dave was working on aiming the (little bit longer) Reflection into our spot when our 2WD truck decided to spin tires in the mud. Oh ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Florida

We were fortunate to have a break from all the snow and cold that coincided with a gap in the home basketball schedule, so we gave away our remaining season tickets and headed toward Florida on Feb 7, 2014. We stayed in Dillon SC and Brunswick GA on the way down, then spent 3 nights in Ocala before heading to Sun-N-Fun in Sarasota. We had a site that was very convenient to the hot tubs and not too far a walk from the dog park, which is good since this is a huge campground. We chatted with folks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Maiden Voyage

We picked up our Reflection 303RLS on Friday Nov 22, 2013 and parked at our storage lot. It seemed like forever until we went to Virginia Beach Holiday Travl Park on Dec 5-7, 2013 for a maiden voyage. We moved the remainder of the "stuff" from our previous fifth wheel and got things somewhat settled. We also took pictures of serial numbers, measured cabinets and drawers, and checked our height. It was great weather, sunny and in the mid 70s the first day, near 80 the next day, then cold ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2014 Camping Blog

It is the 23 of April at 8:10 PM and I am at my desk eating my dinner. My schedule is somewhat different than many people's as I teach second shift, but that is another story.

Reading other owners Blogs and camping experiences has gotten my camping/RVing fever in high gear. I thought I would try something different this year and blog about our camping experineces as we progress throughout the year. Linda and I have not had the chance to get out yet this year, but plan on several ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.