All Blog Entries

1. The state of the RV Industry.

A little background on me. I have camped most of my life. From a Starcraft tent trailer to miscellaneous 19-23 footers of my parents, to my TrailManor, Trail Lite, Starwood, Starcraft, WindJammer, and now my Solitude. I've got over 100K miles towing, and now 16 of my own years of owning RV's. As you can tell, I'm a bit of a junkie...not just for RV's, but also for information. I started my first RV site in 1998, and still own it today. I run sites because I love the information flow. That ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First Damage

It is inevitable that you will get some dings or scratches in any camper. With any luck, this trip will be the worst of them. We stopped at Pioneer Park Campground in Somerset PA - made the turn into the campground and down the hill and scraped the top of the truck and underside of the nose pretty bad. Fortunately we did not hit any wet weather, so the spot stayed dry. We used a fiberglass patch on the underside of the nose, and sanded it smooth when we got home. Janice has supplied us with the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  3. Memorial Day

We are out again. This time to Colonial Beach in VA. The campground is a smaller facility but our site is huge. Have the fiver, a 9'x14' tent two vechiles, and seven chairs spread out around. Three of our grandchildren (and their parents) are with us this trip. The door of the trailer is certainly getting a workout this trip.

Other reflections and musings on this holiday weekend. Being a retired veteran these holidays always are a time of reflection. I have friends who are no ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1st trip reflections

All in all we had a wonderful outing for our first real usage. We have developed a punch list of things that need to be corrected including; a leak in our dining room slide, leak in the shower faucet and possibly the drian of the shower, the awning LEDs have some non-functional lights, and water in the pass though storage area. We have a service scheduled with the closest dealer for the 29th of the month and hope that that experience is as positive as the rest of the Solitude experience has been. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day three

We have been here at lake Gaston for three days now. The campground is nice enough but occupied mostly by seasonal and permeant campers. Some of the sites are very smallish and the includes the one we are in. However the view of the lake is great which is good for my in-laws. However we need to work on their definition of chill in'.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.