WhittleBurner

6 weeks flew right by

Rate this Entry
We finished the trip up with 2 last stops, a few nights stop at Cumberland Gap NP. The CG there was nicer than I thought it would be with large sites and space in between. The area is nice but found the surrounding area doesn't have to much to do away from the park .

Followed up with a visit to the Red River Gorge area of the Daniel Boone National Forest in KY. We camped at a small state park in KY called Natural Bridge. Small campground with open sites on the small side. We barely fit in there with the 303, I don't think anything much bigger would fit on their sites.

Here's the last few pics (from the Red River Gorge) I'll torture you with.

IMG_1111s.jpg rockbridgepan.jpg IMG_1145.jpg

After 6 straight weeks traveling in the 303 we have been really happy with it. ( OK. we love the darn thing!!) Find it to be roomy enough that we never felt like we needed to get home. Plus with 3 dogs, they had room to stretch and play. I consider this trip a primer to our 4 month trip west next summer. 4 months will be a breeze if it behaves as it did this trip.

The trailer performed beautifully with only one issue. One of the large center drawers in the hutch dropped it's bottom. We had to remove it and dig the contents and bottom out from below. We repaired it with a little wood glue that was in my carving bag. Still need to strengthen up the front of the drawer with a little piece of wood to give it stability.

Now the sad job of winterizing and cleaning it up for the winters nap... unless we get an itch to wake it up to escape the cold sometime in January
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you had a nice time - can't wait to do a long trip like that. I hope you would have been comfortable with all the "accessories" you won at the rally! Stay warm - the first blast is about to hit!
    Glad you had a good trip!

We're winterized, due for the annual inspection (already!!!), and looking forward to the trip to Florida in late January.
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralMichBo
    Glad you had a nice time - can't wait to do a long trip like that. I hope you would have been comfortable with all the "accessories" you won at the rally! Stay warm - the first blast is about to hit!

We'll try to stay warm, you stay warm too. These early cold blasts are cruel.
    When you get to take your first long trip you'll love it. Hard to put into words how great and relaxing it felt to just be out there wandering.
    This was our first extended trip and surely not the last. I half joking said to Gary we should just go and stay out a whole year.

That package we won from Grass Haven was great. We put almost all of it to good use in the trailer. Quite a bit got used , I did more of cooking inside than I ever had camping before.
    What a difference a well stocked kitchen can make!
    There were also 2 chairs that got shipped after we left on the trip. Got to finally see them when we returned home.
    Very, Very nice, sturdy chairs

Now I get the chore of sorting out all the expenses to see how much went to gas, camping fees etc.. That will give us a vague idea of what the longer western trip will estimate to be.
    Be sure to get the Senior pass for the NPs when you become eligible, that saved us quite a few bucks in camping fees. I think the only place we paid full price for a site was the KY SP we stayed at.

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.