Annie & Tom

New Reflection 317 RST - To Be or Not To Be Concerned

Rate this Entry
We picked up our new Reflection 317RST on Feb.11th. (Thank You GD for such a beautiful RV) We were excited to put it to use!!! Not wanting to get too far from home (just in case) we headed for a nearby camp ground for the maiden voyage and initial shakedown. Everything worked great! However, on day two of our three day trip we noticed a gouge in the linoleum floor from one of the slides. We immediately called the dealer and the service manager said to bring it in for some minor adjustment. This seemed reasonable to me, thinking it would not be uncommon for new units to have / need some minor adjusting.

We dropped the new beauty off on Feb. 16th, about 10 days later I called to check the status and was told they adjusted the slide until there was no more adjustment but the slide continued to dig into the linoleum and they were waiting for authorization from GD to remove some siding/covering so they could see what was going on with the slide. I have checked with the service manager on two other occasions and each time I was told they were waiting on yet another authorization from GD in order to try something else.

We are going on week 4 for what was to be a minor adjustment and still no resolution. Is this normal and should I be concerned since this is a brand new unit?

Any advice would be welcome.....I want to go camping

Thank you,
Annie & Tom
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Anne and Tom, give Grand Design Customer Service a call at 574-825-9679 and let them know what's going on with your coach. Have your VIN ready because they will ask for it.

Steve

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.