Two Hams on the Road

Great Folks, Great Food

Rate this Entry
This great folks and great food is becoming a trend..... We spent last weekend at one of our dealer's monthly campouts at Davis Lake Campground just 35 miles from home. It was great to visit with other folks and enjoy a good pot luck dinner. We were the only Grand Design there. Molly did get to swim and visit with people, so she was happy.

From Suffolk, we headed south to eastern North Carolina. We stayed at the Kinston Lenoir County Park in Kinston NC. First come-first served for pretty nice FHU sites with good WIFI at $12 a night. It was walking distance from the Chef and the Farmer restaurant as on the PBS TV show A Chef's Life. We ate at her oyster bar (The Boiler Room) across the street -- what a fantastic burger and local brewery beer! We also visited a couple of places on the NC Barbeque Trail -- and really liked the bbq from the Starlight Inn in Ayden. We also picked some strawberries at a local farm -- and they handed us some homemade ice cream. YUM!

Unfortunately we lost the camera when we got to Kinston. I guess I had it in my hand when I got out of the truck to get set up. Found it in the basement when we went to load up to leave. So I didn't get a picture of the high water sign (about 10') from hurricane Floyd. Certainly wouldn't want to be at that campground during a storm.

Now looking forward to the Anchor Down get together.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

2hams, do U do 2m or 70 if so, tell your call and which freq, will try to reach you coming in IND.
    Paul KI6RIV

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.