rbwells413

New Solitude owner

Rate this Entry
I purchased a 2018 Solitude 310 GK the first week in August. My wife and I have been rv ing since the 90's. We have owned 4 fifth wheel units starting with a used 1978 22' Red Dale. We stepped up to a used 96 26' Mallard in 2000. In 2004 we took the big step and purchased a new Montana 277RLS. We loved this coach , but had a lot of problems with the workmanship. After the purchase we returned to the dealer to have several items repaired under warranty . We waited for 5 weeks to get the unit back and had to threaten legal action to get things fixed that should have never been allowed to leave the factory in the condition they were in. Last year we decided it was time to move up and get a bit larger coach. I began researching new fifth wheels. After much searching and looking at many brands we became infatuated with Grand Design and the values that the company represented. We fell in love with the 310GK and could hardly wait to purchase. After much soul searching and agonizing we decided to buy from our local dealer. I spent much time with the young man that became my salesperson. I told him of our previous bad experience in purchasing a new unit and not receiving any satisfaction with the service or warranty work. I was assured that Grand Design and the dealership would work hand in hand to achieve satisfaction. 3 days after delivery we took our new pride and joy on it's maiden voyage. As I expected we encountered a few problems. After all, humans are involved in the manufacture and "things" happen. Upon returning from our trip I stopped by the dealer to make an appointment to address the few small problems encountered. Of course we will be happy to take care of things I was assured. Bring it in next Wednesday at 9am. Upon arrival at the appointed day and time I was told that due to the fact a dis-satisfied service employee had left his position it would be 2 weeks before they would be able to do anything for me. Well, here we go again! We love the new coach, but unfortunately it looks like dealership woes are in our future. Again. I suggest that anyone in Wyoming that would like to purchase a new Grand Design should strongly consider dealer options in either Colorado or Idaho. I know I wish I had !
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.