MWL001

Filiform Corrosion on Lions Head Wheels

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by MWL001 View Post
I was in the process of airing my tires up on my 337 after several months in storage and noticed that I had filiform corrosion on all four of my Lions Head aluminum wheels. (See the attached photo.) The unit is less than 10 months old, but it seems the clear coat finish is failing. Has anyone else had this issue and were you successful in getting warranty replacements? If so, did you file a claim directly with Grand Design, Lions Head, or your RV dealer? Thanks for the help.

Mike
Just an update on my original post. I filed a warranty claim with Lionshead and provided the 4 photos each per wheel. Lionshead very quickly responded that they approved my claim and would ship replacements to me. I received the new wheels and will be mounting my tires on them soon. Lionshead acted very quickly and professionally in replacing the wheels.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Our unit was four years old last spring and when I pulled the unit out of storage I had one wheel that was cracked real bad. I sent Lionshead the required photos and information and they sent me four brand new wheels two days later. Was very pleased with their customer service.

Jim

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.