Steps

1. deano17
    deano17
    Has anyone swapped out their steps for the solid fold up style? My stock steps keep having the nuts come loose. Tighten them up too much and they are hard to collapse and fold in. Leave too loose and the nuts come off. Plus the fold up one piece seem to be a lot more stable. Any feedback? 2019 model.
  2. IBEW Sparky
    IBEW Sparky
    I originally thought of swapping them out until I talked to several different people that had them. Their personal thoughts were an overwhelming "negative" response to theses bulky steps. Here's what I thought were valid points.
    (1) to heavy for the wife, especially on an emergency pee stop.
    (2) no mater how good you sweep them off there is always a pile of dirt under them inside your doorway.
    (3) having to use them and folding them up wet during a rainstorm drips water inside.
    (4) occasionally not enough room to deploy them if stopped in a tight truckstop.

With all of that being said I'll stick to my OEM aluminum 3 step unit. I did change my handrail to a different style that comes out and down further for easier access.

https://www.campingworld.com/extende...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.