Transporting generator

1. Skilletface
    Skilletface
    How are you transporting your gen set, where is mounted? How are you getting power to that rear power inlet plug?
  2. Dme4800
    Dme4800
    Howdy
    I have a Yamaha EF 3000ISEB Which I specifically bought to power the 15K BTU AC, etc.
    I originally thought I could mount in the truck bed but the genset interferes with the truck box and pin box. Even have a crane to lift it into the bed.
    I am now planning to transport in a cargo carrier mounted in the rear trailer hitch. I will roll up a ramp and lift in. I have added wood to the floor of the carrier since the frame is tubular and am also covering the top rail with a heater hose to keep from damaging the unit sides since it is a tight fit. I have reversed the bolts/replaced with round heads and am using locking nuts.
    Figured I can run a rubber coated locking chain through the handles for security and also tighten up the cargo carrier to trailer connection with a hitch tightener. Ratchet straps will hold in place. My main concern is the bouncing that might occur when going down the road...
    Will advise and hope this helps and makes sense.
    Happy Trails, DME4800

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.