User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    Do you possibly have a link to where you bought the pet ramp? I have the same genny and need a solution on getting it in my truck. Regards
    Here ya go...

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Gear-Tri-.../dp/B000GIPWMM
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Thanks!!!!
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased an iGen4500 from eBay. Brand new, right out of the box, (after filling it with oil and connecting the battery) it wouldn't turn over. I tried several times. Finally I searched online for starting problem with the iGen4500 and found a service bulletin that provided a quick fix and a longer term permanent fix. The issue was a wire that came loose off the starting module/controller during shipping & handling; this controls the automatic choke. Well, I fixed it, but noticed the plug was cracked so I contacted Westinghouse today. I requested a new starting module under the warranty. I was told that since I bought it off eBay, the warranty was void!

I filed a complaint with the BBB. Nowhere in the warranty documentation does it mention anything about purchasing from an "authorized" seller, only that proof of purchase must be available, which I have...

Be aware...

Hopefully Westinghouse will come through and honor their three-year warranty!
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shy away from buying anything from eBay unless it's absolutely my last option. I bought mine from Home Depot with free home delivery. Most of the time the few dollars that you save are just not worth it.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    I just purchased an iGen4500 from eBay. Brand new, right out of the box, (after filling it with oil and connecting the battery) it wouldn't turn over. I tried several times. Finally I searched online for starting problem with the iGen4500 and found a service bulletin that provided a quick fix and a longer term permanent fix. The issue was a wire that came loose off the starting module/controller during shipping & handling; this controls the automatic choke. Well, I fixed it, but noticed the plug was cracked so I contacted Westinghouse today. I requested a new starting module under the warranty. I was told that since I bought it off eBay, the warranty was void!

I filed a complaint with the BBB. Nowhere in the warranty documentation does it mention anything about purchasing from an "authorized" seller, only that proof of purchase must be available, which I have...

Be aware...

Hopefully Westinghouse will come through and honor their three-year warranty!
    It lists the 9 places to buy on their website. as the warranty is only good to the original purchaser maybe that is why they exclude eBay
    Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had one since 2018 and have used it quite a bit. I love the remote feature. It comes in really handy when it’s cold outside. No problems thus far but if you run gas there is no easy way to drain the fuel. I ended up drilling a small hole in the cover so I could put a screw driver through. If not you will have to pull the side cover off every time. I also like the batter on the back side. It’s easy to open the cover and unplug the battery. It will hold a charge for a long time. Now that I think about it. I do have a few things I will want to do. I didn’t see a filter between the carb and tank and I will also need to add a 3 way valve so I can drain the tank. Small things. I would do it again

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owned that unit for exactly one camping trip. I bought it through Amazon because of the reviews. All I can say is that I got the one the negative reviews talk about. Filled with fresh fuel, had the battery fully charged and they give you the oil to fill it with, so was good to go. When I went to use it the first time, the remote worked fine, and the starter tried several times to start it but she wouldn't fire. Went outside and ended up using the pull cord. After 25 or so pulls it finally started. I figured that would be it and we'd be good after that. I let it run long enough to charge my batteries in the RV and make coffee. That evening it was the same thing all over again. Worst thing was, we needed it in the middle of the night to run the furnace as we forgot to charge the RV battery the last evening. I tried the remote start from bed, same thing. Would not start. At 3 AM I was out there trying the pull cord again. Must have been too cold. It would not turn over. I should mention that we were boon docking so not disturbing anyone. Packed up and returned to Amazon. Granted, just my one experience but not a good one at all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bough one when they first came out a couple of years ago. I'm very satisfied with it. I use it more around the home than I have with my trailer. Mine is gasoline only, not dual fuel. I purchased it mostly because as you gain altitude you will loose about 10% power for every 3000' of altitude, so I wanted the 3700 watts knowing it would be much less watts at altitude. It's quiet, starts right up and easily runs 1 air conditioner and all the other stuff we use. It is heavy at about 110 lbs, then on top of that you have to carry a few pounds of gas. Turns out we've only used it couple of times. It's just not something we use very often. I spent the winter in Texas this year and decided not to take the generator as we were in Brownsville. Big mistake, got caught in that winter storm (Feb 2021) with no electricity for 30 hours and then rolling blackouts every few hours for several days. Discovered that when you run your propane heat, the blower motor runs on 12volts. So even if you have propane, when the battery dies you get very cold. The generator would have made a HUGE difference on that trip.
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Owned that unit for exactly one camping trip. I bought it through Amazon because of the reviews. All I can say is that I got the one the negative reviews talk about. Filled with fresh fuel, had the battery fully charged and they give you the oil to fill it with, so was good to go. When I went to use it the first time, the remote worked fine, and the starter tried several times to start it but she wouldn't fire. Went outside and ended up using the pull cord. After 25 or so pulls it finally started. I figured that would be it and we'd be good after that. I let it run long enough to charge my batteries in the RV and make coffee. That evening it was the same thing all over again. Worst thing was, we needed it in the middle of the night to run the furnace as we forgot to charge the RV battery the last evening. I tried the remote start from bed, same thing. Would not start. At 3 AM I was out there trying the pull cord again. Must have been too cold. It would not turn over. I should mention that we were boon docking so not disturbing anyone. Packed up and returned to Amazon. Granted, just my one experience but not a good one at all.
    Murphy's Law? Thats what I'm afraid of.....getting that one unit that sucks. Its a crap shoot I guess. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nogray - Mine did the same thing when I first bought it. Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Westinghouse engineer. They couldn't figure it out. Finally, I changed the battery in the remote starter and it's worked fine every since. I've never had problems starting it with the "Start" button on the front panel.
    Last edited by toolman.dustin; 04-22-2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast