User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, well that was quicker than I thought. We are now new 353G owners! And we were right at the 30% mark.

% w/o fees/taxes - 34.2%
    % w/taxable fees w/o taxes - 29.6%
    % OTD - 24.3%

So based off what folks were saying our real number is 29.6%. I’ll take it! The OTD price did include some add ons like slide toppers and such.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. A few thoughts.

1 Curious which state you are buying in? What dealer if you’re okay sharing?

2 I wonder if dealers are more willing to give better deals on “G” class vs “M” class.

Another posted 30% plus and the model was a “G” class.

Hope the order process goes well. Did they tell you how many weeks for delivery ? Please Note if it is paint or dual pane. Both those options add time.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are currently in the final phases of decision making on a 395M-S - which is not a G.

Our best quote at the moment including everything EXCEPT taxes is 29.67% below MSRP. We are awaiting a few more quotes, and we have one dealer who says they will "not be undersold" that we are talking to. So maybe 30% or so will be doable.

I am very happy with these numbers, especially since many people were saying that post COVID there is "no way" you will get more than 20% off, etc.

We are hoping to make a final decision and place an order late this week or on Saturday.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stimpee,

That is great. Exactly what my wife and I are ordering. Update from just an hour ago: I just received a written quote for 30.3%. That includes everything expect state sales tax and my registration fee in my state. We are very pleased with this and moving forward with the dealer. Once i have it locked in I will update the post with estimated delivery time. Anything near 30% is excellent in this environment.

I might PM you later to ask you about your thoughts on your 2020 F450. I'm considering a new one and selling my 2015 F350 DW Tow Boss Lariat Package (wider front axle like the 450 - they don't offer that any longer in the F350)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    stimpee,

That is great. Exactly what my wife and I are ordering. Update from just an hour ago: I just received a written quote for 30.3%. That includes everything expect state sales tax and my registration fee in my state. We are very pleased with this and moving forward with the dealer. Once i have it locked in I will update the post with estimated delivery time. Anything near 30% is excellent in this environment.

I might PM you later to ask you about your thoughts on your 2020 F450. I'm considering a new one and selling my 2015 F350 DW Tow Boss Lariat Package (wider front axle like the 450 - they don't offer that any longer in the F350)
    I'll be happy to help you on the 450.

If you tell me who your dealer is of course...

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. A few thoughts.

1 Curious which state you are buying in? What dealer if you’re okay sharing?

2 I wonder if dealers are more willing to give better deals on “G” class vs “M” class.

Another posted 30% plus and the model was a “G” class.

Hope the order process goes well. Did they tell you how many weeks for delivery ? Please Note if it is paint or dual pane. Both those options add time.
    I’ll fill in the details when I pick it up later this week..... need to figure out hitch height real quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection (bought in Michigan) was about 55k retail, 42k before MI sales tax of 6%. This was labor day weekend and the unit (just what I wanted) was arriving in a week.

Fyi, if ordering from out of state, find out how long your state takes to get plates. Here in Michigan, you must make an appointment which is into May right now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious what percentage below MSRP (or GD Build Sheet) others have paid for their Momentum Toy Haulers in the last 12-15 months. Several factors I know come into play (the virus, seasonality, supply/demand, etc.)

I'm in Idaho and currently negotiating with a dealer to order a 2021 395MS. Ordering with paint, King Bed, and a few other options. I'm close to about 25% off MSRP and I seem to be close to getting them to agree. No trade-in and I can pay cash or finance if it benefits them to get a lender kick-back.

I'm just trying to determine if any dealers around the country have recently budged for 30% or more below MSRP. I have two other data points from 2018 and 2020 that others paid about 20% and 25% respectfully.

I know even at these percentage, these dealers are still making a good amount of money.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on their purchase and any tips too that might help. I've bought/sold a few 5th Toyhaulers over the last 25 years and all new-used private party. So that's a whole different ball game.

Our Solitude listed for $78K and we drove off the lot at $54K. Unfortunately, it is a seller's market right now as everyone wants an RV due to covid.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a 2600rb I got 24%, but on a lighter side I sold my A class for more than I bought it for and had it 5 years and put 30k on it. So all a wash

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband and I ordered a new 395in May and picked up in Sept 2020. We both decided we did not like this floor plan at all after camping in it so decided to sell on our way home from first trip. Contacted the dealership we purchased it from in St. Louis and asked about trade in value. Good price for trade-in but almost full price for a new ordered 397. Long story short we still ordered the 397 but from dealer in Chattanooga,TN. We wanted the following: 3rd AC, Hapi-jac bed, 3 season doors, full body paint, residential refrigerator, queen bed, dinning table.. 25% off MSRP. Nice guy and seemed very fair however I agree it’s tough for those looking for campers as there is such a demand. We ordered in late December and it will be mid March before it’s delivered.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast