User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If you scroll to the "Reference Library " on the forum list you will find a post that is stuck to the top on PDIs. There are several different PDI sheets you can print off to use as a guide when you go inspect your new 310. Take your time inspecting the trailer, could be a long day so get a good nights sleep!
    Thank you!
    Pro inspection is today, and then I'll need to talk to the dealer about a full walk-thru and service overview, also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Hi all,
    We are in-process of closing this week or next, on a '21 310GK-R that is on the local lot and we managed to get a nice deal.
    Being newbies, we are hiring a 3rd party inspection to ensure the punch list gets expert attention.
    We cannot park the rig at home and the dealer says they can hold it for a while, but they do want us to close the deal so they can get paid -understandable.

Here's the main question, seems the answer is obvious but good to ask, right?

When does the dealer's responsibility to correct errors before delivery end?
    If we sign for ownership, but keep it parked on the dealer lot, I assume this technically means we've still taken delivery, correct?
    I would assume all punch list items need to be rectified BEFORE we sign anything, correct?

Thanks everyone!

-Colin
    jm0379, I hope your inspection today went great and your rig is 100%. My experience below is not with grand design but my prior 5th wheel we only had for only a year. Take it from one who had issues after the supposed PDI was complete. No one to blame but myself. Here are a couple of things most will not test during PDI. Do you have a satellite?? We do. Wish I would have hooked it up and tested it before I left the lot. Took two trip back to dealer to fix, last trip they had to pull all new coax for cable and satellite. Did you have the dealership fill black and gray tanks with water for 24 hours and then uncap to see if they leaked, we had black tank valve fail first time out, that was a nasty surprise. Did you test the TV's and stereo. First time I tried our TV I could only get over the air in the main living area, no cable or satellite. Insist on dealer hooking up to their cable. Most have waiting rooms with cable TV. They can do it, just no body asks and I suspect they may get a little pissy when you do ask. Did you have them fill the fresh water tank a 1/4 full and then turn on the faucets and flush the toilet?? Our bathroom faucet just trickled, poly fragments were in the handle valve. Did they run the airco and heat? Fridge cold and freezer freezing?? I guess my point here is just don't assume anything and do not sign the final docs until your rig is perfect. By the way all those thing we didn't do with my last rig we did when I purchased our Grand Design. Lastly, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the group. Great info on the forums and a good reference library. Safe Travels!!!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very pleased to report most of these questions are rendered moot by our professional inspection on Thursday. After 5 hours the inspector could only find only a small divot in the roof near the satellite prep that needed some sealant. This was his first new GD inspection, and he tells us this is absolutely the best rig he’s ever inspected.
    He also remarked how friendly and helpful the tech staff was. Often times they see him as the adversary, but not this crew.
    We continue to be very pleased with our decisions!

So far Sonnys in Concord, NC has been very professional, honest, and helpful about everything. They have a sister store in SC, near Spartanburg-Greenville area. Great experience so far, so check them out if you’re in the Mid-Atlantic region or don’t mind the drive.

We did finial walkthrough and closed yesterday afternoon - so we’re real GD owners now!
    The dealer is holding the rig for us for a couple weeks while I line up storage.
    🥳🥳🥳
    Last edited by JM0397; 02-07-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Setting Up Camp AdirondackCamper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    jm0379, I hope your inspection today went great and your rig is 100%. My experience below is not with grand design but my prior 5th wheel we only had for only a year. Take it from one who had issues after the supposed PDI was complete. No one to blame but myself. Here are a couple of things most will not test during PDI. Do you have a satellite?? We do. Wish I would have hooked it up and tested it before I left the lot. Took two trip back to dealer to fix, last trip they had to pull all new coax for cable and satellite. Did you have the dealership fill black and gray tanks with water for 24 hours and then uncap to see if they leaked, we had black tank valve fail first time out, that was a nasty surprise. Did you test the TV's and stereo. First time I tried our TV I could only get over the air in the main living area, no cable or satellite. Insist on dealer hooking up to their cable. Most have waiting rooms with cable TV. They can do it, just no body asks and I suspect they may get a little pissy when you do ask. Did you have them fill the fresh water tank a 1/4 full and then turn on the faucets and flush the toilet?? Our bathroom faucet just trickled, poly fragments were in the handle valve. Did they run the airco and heat? Fridge cold and freezer freezing?? I guess my point here is just don't assume anything and do not sign the final docs until your rig is perfect. By the way all those thing we didn't do with my last rig we did when I purchased our Grand Design. Lastly, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the group. Great info on the forums and a good reference library. Safe Travels!!!

By the way all those thing we didn't do with my last rig we did when I purchased our Grand Design.
    How did the inspection go with your Solitude? Was there any issues that needed to be addressed?
    I’m leaning towards hiring a RV inspector to do mine.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800 BH (Proposed Delivery Date is May)
    2007 Ford F-250 CCSB King Ranch W/Tow Pkg 6.0 Diesel (Bullet Proofed)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCamper View Post
    How did the inspection go with your Solitude? Was there any issues that needed to be addressed?
    I’m leaning towards hiring a RV inspector to do mine.
    Excellent experience, can’t recommend enough.
    Our inspector worked very hard to find anything. Best rig he’s ever inspected and just a few very minor trim pieces and questions came up. Money well spent for piece of mind, IMO.
    Even the staff at the dealer was inquisitive and curious about costs and felt it’s a great new service available.
    Use the national org finder page: https://nrvia.org/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not sign anything or pay for it until everything is fixed. I will tell you my experience. After picking up my trailer and using it once we noticed some cosmetic issues and had some issues like the shower door and closet doors had hardware issues. nothing too major. the dealer's service department procedures were so stupid it pissed me off enough that I refused to bring it in at the time. That fall we were having to live in it (house was supposed to be finished and wasn't) and we had water leaks and holding tank problems. It by now was just barely over a year old and had to take it in. Dealer refused to attempt to get any warranty for us or fix any of the cosmetic things they knew were from the time it was new. That being said I am sure there are better dealers out there than the one I used and are better at true customer service. I haven't talked to anyone that bought once from these guys and would again. Know your dealer.
    Last edited by Wineman700; 02-10-2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, also, you will need to insure it after you pay for it, regardless of whether or not it is sitting on the dealer’s lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12