User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 22RBE and am pulling it with a 2018 F150 Super Crew with the 3.5 Eco Boost with the max tow package. With 2 batteries, 2 full LP tanks, my pass thru storage full from side to side (I use tubs to separate my gear) and the usual gear in the camper; I have about 900 pounds of tongue weight. I use a Weigh Safe weight distribution hitch so I have no guesswork there about my weight distribution and feel that I am balanced out real well. There is absolutely no squat in the truck. My payload sticker on the truck is 1626 so if I subtract the 900 pounds of tongue weight and subtract the weight of my wife and I, that leaves me with 400 pounds of capacity for the back seat and the box. We travel with a lot of gear (that I have never weighed) but I assume might be either side of our remaining 400 pounds of payload capacity. I have towed this rig for a lot of miles and it pulls like a dream. To use the over used phrase "sometimes I forget it is back there". But really, it feels great and the brakes on the trailer are great so everything seems very ballanced. I would not be afraid to load in another 400 pounds of gear over and above whatever I already have in the back seat and the box if I had the room. Best of luck to you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you’re over your payload on any vehicle and you’re involved in an accident, I guarantee you’ll be sued. Just FYI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skijobe View Post
    If you’re over your payload on any vehicle and you’re involved in an accident, I guarantee you’ll be sued. Just FYI
    As much as I am a proponent of a big truck,,,,, this reasoning is not accurate.... Oh you can be sued for anything. I could sue you for passing gas. Sueing sucessfully is another matter. I doubt any lawyer would take it on a contingency basis. Now if you were to pay out of pocket in advance.... There are probably some bottom feeders that will do it.
    I have been on RV forums pretty much since they began. There is always someone that makes this claim. No one has ever been able to back it up with evidence... Now I am not talking about commercial. They are held to a different standard.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmunro View Post
    I would have thought the same however we camp with this group at least twice a year every year and what we've found in real driving conditions it is different than that.
    EDIT:
    I just looked up the torque and HP specs. I've got more HP while the ecoboost is just slightly ahead in torque by 20 lbs/ft. Maybe the difference is elsewhere like gear ratios, etc? All of this is well above my pay grade.
    Gear ratio for sure. But the gear ratio in the Ford is beneficial for economy the other 350 days you are not towing
    Also it could be the foot

I am sure I could out pull you with my 5.3 up a grade IF I wanted to and you didn’t
    It is all about rpms. Great thing is unlike a diesel rpms don’t hurt a gas engine

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2019 and older GM 2500’s have the iron block 6.0L, not the aluminum 6.2L. They have 360hp/380ftlbs. I believe the 2500’s and above with this motor only come with 4.10 gears. This motor pulls quite well on the highway and seems to have good cooling. The guys at TFL truck ran one up the IKE quite a bit faster than the RAM 2500 with the 6.4l, 410hp/429ftlbs. It’s quite possible the GM is a better executed package. The Ford 6.2L pulls stronger than both those. It’s possible for the GM 6.0L to pull better than a Ford 3.5L if that truck were optioned with the 3.15, 3.31 or even 3.55 gears. There would be a lot of hunting to keep the motor happy since it still likes to be at 3000-4000rpm under a decent load up a hill.

Back to the original question on the 22RBE. That looks like a couples camper. Most those end up at about 700lbs tongue weight. If it’s gonna be the two of you a just a few things in the truck I think a 3/4 ton is over kill. And 1/2 ton at a modest level of options will work. Think LT, SLT, XLT. Just make sure to get the right tow package with the brake controller on the dash. Remember every truck in American has the payload sticker in the door jam. Add that 700 to your weights and see how it looks. Be safe!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skijobe View Post
    Impossible to prove and I have never seen a case of this. Have you?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry Huntingdog you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.friedgoldberg.com/rv-rec...cle-accidents/

http://www.killinofirm.com/practice-...ccident-lawyer

https://www.coseklaw.com/personal-in...icle-injuries/

All these guys just happen to advertise their services for something that doesn’t happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are often million dollar cases, it not hard for the “lawyers experts” to go to a dealer and for example weigh the pin on a 303RLTS and decide that F250 derated to 10000lbs was at least 800lbs overweight with an empty camper. Thus making the owner negligent.

This is not rocket science. It’s not some secret. My neighbor is an ER surgeon. When I came home with my camper one of the first things he said to me was watch the weights, people get sued after accidents in these. He’s never owned an RV, never rented one, but he knows the business.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    I’m sorry Huntingdog you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.friedgoldberg.com/rv-rec...cle-accidents/

http://www.killinofirm.com/practice-...ccident-lawyer

https://www.coseklaw.com/personal-in...icle-injuries/

All these guys just happen to advertise their services for something that doesn’t happen.
    He didn’t disagree that people sue.

Show a court case where it was successfully proven that a vehicle was unbalanced or overloaded

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly right. People talking about how they've got so much payload leftover in their 1/2 tons make me nervous. I'm willing to bet most aren't factoring in the weight of the full fuel tank ( average 500lbs) junk in the bed and cab 100-200 lbs as well as the passengers (150lbs per person). When you start getting down to " I think or I feel like" it gets very dicey.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast