User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    There is a 2012 "building a Jayco trailer in 7 hours" video online that is a great argument for not filming factory operations. Some of the personal safety stuff is pretty scary.
    Wow, just watched that. I really liked the chassis flip of death.
    2018 Imagine 2950RL
    2008 Tundra CrewMax 5.7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are at the rally and yesterday took the Solitude/Momentum tour. I personally asked one of our host if I could takes pictures. His response was, “go ahead”. He didn’t hesitate in his response at all.

Many on the tour were taking pictures.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    So . . . within the last couple of hours, I have confirmed with Jerry McCarthy (GDRV VP) that no pictures are allowed in their manufacturing facilities. On a plant tour a few days ago, I did see signs stating this at every door.

Then . . . I happened to be talking with Matt Chupp (new Director of Marketing . . . replacing Bill Martin) and he assured me that the YouTube video has GDRV approval.

Gee . . . Manufacturing and Marketing don't agree . . . not that unusual in my business experience

These discussions are happening live at the Rally, so I will try to get both of these guys into this conversation at the same time .

Rob
    Rob - have been out of pocket for a while as I shared with you a couple weeks ago would probably be the case. Now playing catch-up and wonder of this item was resolved ? Maybe it was addressed in another thread of which I missed.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Rob - have been out of pocket for a while as I shared with you a couple weeks ago would probably be the case. Now playing catch-up and wonder of this item was resolved ? Maybe it was addressed in another thread of which I missed.

Dan
    Hi Dan,

There was no definitive answer on this. The signs about not taking pictures are still in place at the plant entrances, but I heard that those on later tours were allowed to take pictures. There may be a "middle ground" of allowing the taking of pictures but not the posting of pictures without GDRV approval . . . but I don't know this for sure. The YouTube video definitely had GDRV approval and I understand that there are more videos in the works. So, the "GDRV Approval" step may be the difference between what can and what cannot be published/posted.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After some thought, I believe I’d rather have an aluminium roof than wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    After some thought, I believe I’d rather have an aluminium roof than wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The screws bite down in wood better than the hollow aluminum framing which over time can allow the screws to back out and puncture the roof membrane. Inserting wood into the aluminum framing would make it too heavy.

However they still insert wood into the framing on the top and bottom of the sidewalls.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123