User Tag List

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked on improving the bathroom vanity drawers. All the drawers are not very deep by comparison to their opening in the cabinetry. There is a lot of space over the top edge of the drawers for things to fall out and get stuck behind the drawers. I deepened the drawers by increasing the height of the sides by 2.25 inches. We took some reclaimed pallet wood, ripped it down to 2.25" and then planed it down to 3/8". Then I used regular wood glue to attach them. They don't have to hold back a bunch of weight. Just make sure that things don't spill out over the back and sides. This technically added 1.25 cubic feet of storage space to each drawer, but for me I'm more concerned with just keeping things in the drawers and not bouncing out when we're on the road.
    Now I could have completely rebuilt the drawers and that way I could have extended them another 1.25 inches back as well as adding the height. But the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
    Next we need to rip down some more pallet wood so I can do the drawers in the kitchen and pantry.

I will say that I was disappointed when I pulled these drawers out to see all the splintering of the wood where the manufacturer had inserted staples. They didn't even bother to sand it. Apparently out of sight out of mind is their motto. I sanded it all down before I reinstalled the drawers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230711_132219.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	47271 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230711_134021.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	47272
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took it to the dealer to have the slide seals, scrubbers and roof tape replaced. 10 years of use puts a lot of wear and tear on those.
    Tim
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1195
    2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Long Bed DRW
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
    1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed TireLinc and installed TST. Finally found the leak in the Goosebox and installed the newer generation manifold with a TST sensor on it. So far so good. Turned the water off but left the hose connected for two days. Turned it back on and the Renator regulator gauge stayed on 0. Third defective one in a year.

Two soft starts arrived today. Now just need to get courage up to get on the roof in between rain and thunderstorms.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wash Wax All the coach. I was waiting for a cooler morning in Albuquerque, no such luck. Now, I have some EternaBond on the frying edge that I need to get in the roof to inspect and possibly replace.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	03A49CE0-8B71-456E-B570-FF19668EBB0E.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	47313Added 5 pieces of 1 1/2” aluminum angle to the underside of the frame rails to support the underside membrane. When I picked up the Momentum and got it home, I added extra Tec 5 self tappers to the strips holding the membrane on both frame rails. There were large areas that didn’t have screws installed and several that were over tightened and broken off. I had watched one of the full time YouTubers that had done it and I was definitely going to copy that and avoid any problems down the road. I believe I spent around $150 total for 5 pieces of aluminum angle 6’5” and 50 Tec 5 screws, that gave me 40 extra Tec 5’s. They always come in handy
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW
    2022 Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello dryfly,
    Yes, after locating the vertical aluminum studs I was able to position the wall attachment brackets in the right locations - it is infinitely variable. Got the parts from Amazon.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strycharske View Post
    Hello dryfly,
    Yes, after locating the vertical aluminum studs I was able to position the wall attachment brackets in the right locations - it is infinitely variable. Got the parts from Amazon.
    @strycharske -

This being a very long thread, the person you're trying to address may or may not see your response. Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed the WifiRanger Osprey Router and connected it to my Winegard Air 360+ antenna. The router that they wanted me to buy for this antenna was the Winegard Gateway 1000. But the reviews on that router were horrible. WifiRanger came out with the Osprey a couple of years ago specifically for the Air 360+. Winegard ended up buying the WifiRanger company.

When I removed the cover cap on my ceiling I found the power and antenna wires were zip-tied to the inside of the cap. That was a pleasant surprise because videos I watched on the installation for prior years showed installers having to fish around in the overhead for all the wiring. My one big complaint is that the power wire was not an end run. I had to cut and splice into the 12v line. That line powers the kitchen ceiling fan and the stereo.

I really wanted to put a switch on it so that we could easily turn off the router when we were dry camping outside of cell range. We put a scope into the ceiling but didn't see a clear and easy path thru the overhead down to the power panel. So I opted for a local switch. The Osprey didn't come with a switch which was disappointing because the Gateway 1000 did. Found a low voltage SPST rocker switch in our electrical supplies. Rather than cut another hole in the ceiling we opted to install the switch on the router end cover. Used Wago connectors for the main splice, but had to solder connections to the switch because there wasn't enough space for the Wago's under the end cover. The switch also makes it easy (for me not my wife) to reach up and power cycle the router when needed. Without the switch I'd have to get on a step stool, pull the cover, and physically pull the power cord out and plug it back in.

So far I've only used it to boost my home wi-fi signal and it does a good job of that. I've switched all of our devices and the tv to the router. and changed all the passwords. Now when we go to a campground that does have wi-fi I'll just need to log in and update the router, instead of having to update every device individually.

Name:	20230715_095146.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	47329 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230716_101158.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	47330

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Built a Garage. So in a 5th wheel the storage space under the bedroom is oft referred to as the 'basement'. Since that name was taken I call this my Garage. It was previously the outdoor tv and beer fridge cabinet. A complete waste of space used for old men to drink beer and shout at sports games playing on their tv because the players did something the viewers didn't approve of. Viewers who are too old and over weight to play the game themselves! The fridge wasn't much help because it would only work when you had 110v power. I would have kept the fridge if it was 12v, it would have been nice to have extra fridge space. A place to keep water and sandwiches for when you pull over to a rest stop or scenic overlook. So it's now my garage.

I installed a twin Makita battery charger unit, since all my tools and our vacuum are Makita. I also mounted a spare fire extinguisher and first aid kit. It provided a great place for my outdoor grill, propane lantern, and my tools. Plus it's easier to access my tools here than it is digging them out of the basement.

The fridge I gave to my son for his office at work. I'm thinking I'm going to move the tv to the bedroom of our trailer since it came with a spot for one.

Name:	20230616_141915.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	47401

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizman1 View Post
    Built a Garage. So in a 5th wheel the storage space under the bedroom is oft referred to as the 'basement'. Since that name was taken I call this my Garage. It was previously the outdoor tv and beer fridge cabinet. A complete waste of space used for old men to drink beer and shout at sports games playing on their tv because the players did something the viewers didn't approve of. Viewers who are too old and over weight to play the game themselves! The fridge wasn't much help because it would only work when you had 110v power. I would have kept the fridge if it was 12v, it would have been nice to have extra fridge space. A place to keep water and sandwiches for when you pull over to a rest stop or scenic overlook. So it's now my garage.

I installed a twin Makita battery charger unit, since all my tools and our vacuum are Makita. I also mounted a spare fire extinguisher and first aid kit. It provided a great place for my outdoor grill, propane lantern, and my tools. Plus it's easier to access my tools here than it is digging them out of the basement.

The fridge I gave to my son for his office at work. I'm thinking I'm going to move the tv to the bedroom of our trailer since it came with a spot for one.

Name:	20230616_141915.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	47401
    Wow I feel like I was personally attacked. All kidding aside if I had a space I’d live a tool garage. Way to make it yours!

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast