User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My FIRST criteria is location (someone else said this very well). It has to be close to where I want to visit.

Then I look for 3 or more stars on CampgroundReviews.com. (sometimes 3 is OK depending on the reviews)

Then I want at least water and 30 amps (50 if it is a hot location) if staying less than 5 or 6 days.

Next are some options..... lack of trees or very wide/clear sites get priority. Too many campground operators just don't understand how tall these things are now, nor how wide we can be with the slides out.

I find we like full service campgrounds although we do stay in small public or private parks with few facilities if they are nice. i.e Harry Gardner Park, Toutle, WA or Quinault Inn and RV, Amanda Park, WA.

Criteria changes if we are deadheading.... then proximity to travel route and a halfway decent rating, safe, and with easy in and out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmelevu2 View Post
    What do you look for in a campground? What names you go back to places or if full timer what makes you stay longer? Concrete pads? Wooded or cleared? Good WiFi? Shopping, location? Any luxury campers that will pay extra for their must haves? I’m just curious
    It really depends on what you're looking for and what you want to pay. The more you expect the more you'll pay. We use RV Reviews to ID what we want and their rating.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don’t look for a whole lot in a campground. When we travel we usually are stopping for an overnight or we are sightseeing in the area. Our time at the camper is to recuperate from the day’s activities.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right.. Same here for a one-night stay. I do look for 50 amp when it is hot and a dump area is fine if I need to on the way out! I do want pull thru so I don't have to unhook when a one-nighter..
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vacancy.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have learned to look for train tracks, especially out west.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    A vacancy.
    What are those? Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    I'll start off. Location, location, location. We do two types of camping, destination and dead heading to our destination. With destination we want good proximity to our intended sites to visit plus some campground amenities and comfort (full hookups, wifi, ice cream). We don't spend much time in the campground, we're tourists. With dead heading we want easy off/easy on, long level pull through sites. If we have the option to not unhook, I'll take it. (easier when we had a TT than with the fiver).
    Frank
    I take my Ice Cream with me. Talenti sorbet Belgium Chocolate at least one pint for each evening. That reminds me need to drop about 15 lbs.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are destination RV'ers so our final destination needs to meet some very specific criteria. We spend very little time actually at the campsite but still insist on a great experience when back at the site. Since our final destination is usually multiple days from home, we end up staying at KOA's along the route.

Extremely clean and organized
    Facilities and sites well maintained
    Level with concrete or other patio/area
    Space between spots
    Safe and secure
    Quiet and peaceful
    Centrally located to all the local attractions/events

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Don't currently care much about cell signal but I won't lie, I want Starlink so I can switch to working from the wilderness and visiting home occasionally.
    You might be waiting awhile for Starlink. The last comms I had with them (we have had Starlink since May) is they have no plans to make it portable. Today you're limited to about a 10 mile radius from the home address you give them. They assign you to specific satellites, and if your dish doesn't see them, you can't connect. I've got a technical discussion I had with them saved somewhere. Oh, and their system is very sensitive to a clear view to the northeast. The dish can't be anywhere near tall trees or other vertical obstructions. Somewhere in that tech discussion is a rough formula for vertical clearance. IIRC. it's about 1' for every 1.5' of obstruction height. So if you're near 75' trees, your dish needs to be 50' away. It might be the other way around (1.5:1). I don't remember.

We signed up for it on the come, hoping they'd expand the service. As it stands today, that's $499 wasted. When we did first try it out in a suitable location, it worked great. We had consistent 300Mbps speeds. We've since migrated to Nomad internet's cell-based service, coupled with a weBoost cellular amplifier. It also works great.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast