User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMitt70 View Post
    We’ve had 2 F-450’s (a 2021 4WD and now a 2022 4WD… 2018 350 DRW-4WD before that and a 2011 350 DRW 2WD before that)… Love the 450 (for the most part). All were the Lariat trim (that’s the best value… IMO).

The 2 complaints we have (and they’re somewhat minor and related to the tires)

1). The empty ride is atrocious… knew that going in though.
    2). The 19.5 continental commercial tires hunt under certain road conditions

The 450 results in a noticeably better tow (vs. the 350). The extra wheelbase associated with the wider front track makes a difference… especially in cross-winds. I’ve towed the same big 41’ TH across the same section of the northern plains with both the 350 and the 450… 450 is definitely better.

Enjoy!

Curious… what did your Ford Dealer quote you for delivery timeframe?
    Yes I am going in knowing there may be some "harsh" rides. Surprisingly many say it is not much different than the 350. But, each one of us needs to decide that on our own. Some convert to a 20" rim and LT tires as I am sure you know. I would hope not to do this but this is a 10 year truck minimum so I will adjust as needed.

I am told production is March with a May delivery. I assume they don't really know so maybe mid to late summer. I joke I have been researching for 5 years but really Covid thru a curve at us and everything got put on hold. With the supply issues and the continuous price increases, I decided to order now and get it when I get it rather than wait for normalcy to return, and what will that even look like anyway?

I'm pumped.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    The turning radius and the larger brakes.

I realize that any RV will have brakes so the bigger ones on the 450 are just bonus for me. I have never driven either (well not very far) but I think the better turning radius will be nice to have if and when we get a 40+ foot rv. The truck will be for towing and snow birding in a couple or so years.

The 350 has the better payload but I will make sure to stay within our limit. I would think that the 450 will be fine with a max gvwr of 20,000 lbs. I hope that the wandering and harsh ride of the commercial wheels and tires will not be an issue, and if so I will deal with it. I wish I could have tried them both side by side but that wasn't going to happen.

I know from all of my reading they are both great trucks. My little head also like the wide front fenders

Oldcow
    I think we went through a very similar process. I figured since our rig was only 35', I can get away without the better turning radius for a "slightly" better ride on the non-commercial tires. Since this is my daily driver, this was important. Plus, more payload is never a bad thing! I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the 450. When does it arrive?

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    I think we went through a very similar process. I figured since our rig was only 35', I can get away without the better turning radius for a "slightly" better ride on the non-commercial tires. Since this is my daily driver, this was important. Plus, more payload is never a bad thing! I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the 450. When does it arrive?

Brian
    I believe your decision process and choice of trucks makes sense for you. I would have done the same in your shoes.

Sometime next summer... I am a bike fanatic, they excite me. But man, I'm really excited about this truck!

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Yes I am going in knowing there may be some "harsh" rides. Surprisingly many say it is not much different than the 350. But, each one of us needs to decide that on our own. Some convert to a 20" rim and LT tires as I am sure you know. I would hope not to do this but this is a 10 year truck minimum so I will adjust as needed.

I am told production is March with a May delivery. I assume they don't really know so maybe mid to late summer. I joke I have been researching for 5 years but really Covid thru a curve at us and everything got put on hold. With the supply issues and the continuous price increases, I decided to order now and get it when I get it rather than wait for normalcy to return, and what will that even look like anyway?

I'm pumped.

Oldcow
    That’s not bad (6 months or so)… We ordered our ‘21 450 in late Dec. ‘20 and it delivered in March ‘21 Since the new truck market was In shambles by late 2020, we looked at the used market and concluded that we could sell our used ‘21 for well over what we paid for it (and well less than what we could order a ‘22 for). It was actually my wife’s idea; I’m pissed she beat me to it

So… we ordered our ‘22 in Nov. ‘21 and took delivery in late Aug. ‘22. We have an LLC in MT, so the transactions were tax-free. We sold our ‘21 (with 25K miles) for $15K more than what we paid for it…and a few thousand less than what we paid for the ‘22. I don’t expect that to happen again in my lifetime.

I mentioned (just the other day) to my wife that the ‘23’s will have an HO 6.7 Diesel option…. She was shaking her head no before I even finished the sentence. I figured: ‘If you don’t ask, the answer’s ALWAYS no’
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's a 450? A 350 with extras?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a 22’ in Jan. Here it is Dec and it never got built. I hope you don’t run into the same problem. It was not fun waiting all summer for a truck to never show up.
    Luckily I found one someone ordered and wasn’t able to buy. It has almost all the options I wanted. So I’m considering it a WIN.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TsWalker View Post
    I ordered a 22’ in Jan. Here it is Dec and it never got built. I hope you don’t run into the same problem. It was not fun waiting all summer for a truck to never show up.
    Luckily I found one someone ordered and wasn’t able to buy. It has almost all the options I wanted. So I’m considering it a WIN.
    I hope so as well. Good for you to find another.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 2 F-450’s. A Platinum ordered in January 2022 (X-Plan) and King Ranch ordered 4% under invoice in March 2022.

The March KR was built about 2 weeks ago and it’s still in KY waiting to get on a train
    The January 450 Platy order was ‘unfilled” and reordered as a 2023 King Ranch.

I also ordered a F-350 Platinum SRW CCSB with X-Plan last December 2nd 2021. It was just built and it’s sitting in KY waiting to get shipped.

After ordering the 350 I was concerned about payload so I ordered the 450. Then a local dealer offered $150 cash if you ordered a new truck with no deposit and no commitment so I took them up on their offer.

My plan is to
    1- trade my ‘20 Lariat 350 in on the the ‘22 Platinum 350 for $4000 out of pocket
    2- A week later trade the 350 Platinum in on the 450 KR.
    3- next summer trade the ‘22 460 KR in on ‘23 450 KR.

I should be able to get more than I paid for each truck on trade.Trading in saves sales taxes.

After this is all over my wife said she’s going to have me committed. ��
    Last edited by Jerryr; 12-10-2022 at 06:15 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

You better plan to sell that '23 450, can't drive it if you're locked in the looney bin.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I ordered 2 F-450’s. A Platinum ordered in January 2022 (X-Plan) and King Ranch ordered 4% under invoice in March 2022.

The March KR was built about 2 weeks ago and it’s still in KY waiting to get on a train
    The January 450 Platy order was ‘unfilled” and reordered as a 2023 King Ranch.

I also ordered a F-350 Platinum SRW CCSB with X-Plan last December 2nd 2021. It was just built and it’s sitting in KY waiting to get shipped.

After ordering the 350 I was concerned about payload so I ordered the 450. Then a local dealer offered $150 cash if you ordered a new truck with no deposit and no commitment so I took them up on their offer.

My plan is to
    1- trade my ‘20 Lariat 350 in on the the 22 Platinum 350 for $4000 out of pocket
    2- A week later trade the 350 Platinum in on the 450 KR.
    3- next summer trade the 22 460 KR in on 23 450 KR.

I should be able to get more than I paid for each truck on trade.Trading in saves sales taxes.

Wow!!! That is quite the plan. I would not have the stomach to pull that off. I was nervous enough waiting the 3 months for my 350 DRW to get built that the value of my 350 SRW value would dip too much. It all worked out though. As someone mentioned above, it is unlikely that in my lifetime I will be able to get more for a 3YO vehicle than I paid for it.
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast