User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    So, the shower fixture on the newest of the new is now silver/chrome.

You can see the newest of the new build for Solitude on the 346FLS listing on our website.
    That's the shower fixture that was in the 310- GK-R that we backed out of. If the whole bathroom had been done in brushed nickel or chrome, then no problem. But the entire bathroom is in antique bronze. You can see it in this picture as the shower door frame. The rest of the trailer including the kitchen faucet is the antique brown, but not the shower fixture. The website has the picture of the correct shower fixture. It looks bad to have a bathroom with antique bronze everywhere except the shower fixture. That's not what a $90k MSRP 5th wheel is supposed to come with in my opinion.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdjlrv View Post
    Interesting that the loveseat has the 2 cup holders. We have a 310GK-R on order, so can we expect the dual cup holders and the silver/chrome shower fixture?
    The 310GK-R that we backed out on didn't have dual cup holders or the little tray tables. It just had a single cupholder in the middle of the theater seats. So only 1 person gets a place to put their drink down when sitting in these seats. Other manufacturers that don't do the little tray tables put 2 cupholders in the center of the theater seats. It looks like GD nixed the tray tables but didn't add a second cupholder to the theater seats. If I had to hazard a guess I think it's them using the existing seats with the singe cupholder because that's what they had a bunch of in their warehouse and just deleting the tray tables. I'm not sure why they would think that selling a theater seat with a single cupholder is a good idea.
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdjlrv View Post
    Interesting that the loveseat has the 2 cup holders. We have a 310GK-R on order, so can we expect the dual cup holders and the silver/chrome shower fixture?
    I believe that the 310 uses a different size theater seat. I think you still get cup holders, but no little tables. It's hard to say, things are changing everyday in the RV world.

Just had a conversation with my Sunseeker Rep...no Mercedes chassis coaches for 12 months.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the 310 uses a different size theater seat. I think you still get cup holders, but no little tables. It's hard to say, things are changing everyday in the RV world.

Just had a conversation with my Sunseeker Rep...no Mercedes chassis coaches for 12 months.
    Again, to be clear the 310GK we saw did not have two cup holders. It only had a single cup holder in the center of the theater seat.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    Again, to be clear the 310GK we saw did not have two cup holders. It only had a single cup holder in the center of the theater seat.
    Could be...material changed as well.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be...material changed as well.
    I also did notice that from one Solitude to another on the dealer lot that the seating materials were different. Some where cotton, some were stone and there was a 3rd color I don't recognize that look skind of like cotton only darker. All of these solitudes arrived within a week of each other. There were other differences from one unit to the other. In some the shower head was the same type that is used in Solitude S class trailers even though we were in a full Solitude. In some the seats had the tray tables and in others they did not. Fabrics were all over the place as was the color of the blinds. The impression we got is that GD is scraping the bottom of the warehouse barrel for parts to use to build the units. They must really be hurting parts wise. It's clear they aren't slowing production, just mixing and matching whatever they have on hand to maintain production volume.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I also did notice that from one Solitude to another on the dealer lot that the seating materials were different. Some where cotton, some were stone and there was a 3rd color I don't recognize that look skind of like cotton only darker. All of these solitudes arrived within a week of each other. There were other differences from one unit to the other. In some the shower head was the same type that is used in Solitude S class trailers even though we were in a full Solitude. In some the seats had the tray tables and in others they did not. Fabrics were all over the place as was the color of the blinds. The impression we got is that GD is scraping the bottom of the warehouse barrel for parts to use to build the units. They must really be hurting parts wise. It's clear they aren't slowing production, just mixing and matching whatever they have on hand to maintain production volume.
    Things are changing daily. They stopped the Java and Linen colors, and it is now Stone and Cotton.

Fixtures were black (shower head, spigots, etc) now are silver and chrome. The newest of the new Solitude's will be white exteriors also, no more tan.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cenerus,

If you think those piddly little items are worth the cost of your deposit ????
    Then, walk away ....easy peasy
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey Cenerus,

If you think those piddly little items are worth the cost of your deposit ????
    Then, walk away ....easy peasy
    I did walk away Da Breeze, and I didn't lose my deposit. I have a different model on order now and I've been in contact with the factory rep. I still really like GD, just not that particular 5th wheel. I have standards and won't pay that kind of money for a half baked trailer. I have a 303rls and can afford to wait for GD to get their act together.
    Last edited by Cenerus; 02-23-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you ordered a new one as you should as you weren’t satisfied. I hope the next one meets your expectations.

While I have to agree that all the items are piddly complaints for me save the water heater , every person is different, and decides what is a unforgivable oversight . It also doesn’t mean as you inferred to Da Breeze we don’t have high standards. Maybe you didn’t mean it that way I hope,

I am also wondering why you feel qualified to need to determine the reasons for the changes that GD has made and why you feel in almost every case it’s because they are overproducing or scraping the bottom of the barrel. You seem to think or infer because you spent a lot of money that your quality from the same manufacturer as mine is should be better than my “ cheap” Imagine. The manufacturer I hope doesn’t take what you spent into account , that you spent whatever you did on the Solitude and therefore should pay extra special attention to you over the rest of the models. I think your 4 changes in 5 years of TT speaks volumes. Perhaps you set your expectation to high. I get the sense you’ll be back here complaining about the next trailer you got from GD. Thing is the other TT manufacturers are similar I believe. If the next one doesn’t meet you standards I hope you stay involved in RV but try a different manufacturer. I am very satisfied with what I got. It wasn’t perfect but it also could be upgraded by me. I didn’t expect it to be perfect, but the MAJOR important components were. I could overlook a different color shower head and replace it. I could get different blinds and replace it. A cup holder really isn’t a deal breaker no matter how stupid that decision was ( and it is). I’d find a work around not kill the deal. I’d get them to replace the hot water heater.

Honestly I think many of us understand that TT are not build to the same standards as houses . It shouldn’t even be compared. I have a 35 ft sailboat and it’s build quality is light years better than any TT. I think many of us have accepted that FACT. I knew that going in to my RV adventure. The builders of these things don’t have the same quality control as say my sailboat builder. Course $90,000 won’t buy you a 35 ft sailboat or even come close. I was amazed at the nest of wiring and out of control runs of some of the plumbing. It’s no different on the Solitude, I looked.

The marine industry does not use cheap fusion appliances, everything is quality grade stainless steel. They would never think of using plywood on framing. I could go on and on. But I’ve accepted that’s the way the RV whole industry builds. Except maybe an Airstream. But maybe that gets more people into RVing. I have accepted it going in. Knowing that I choose to not over-invest in my TT. My sailboat is over 30 yers old, half its life, still looks and performs great. But I paid for that. My “ cheap Imagine” will not even last 15 years I bet.

My point is think about your expectations from an industry not known for quality control. GD maybe have more than others. GD has good customer service it seems. But it’s a TT and know how their built and I don’t get frazzled about it and not let it get in the way of enjoying the outdoors and traveling. Enjoy your time in it.

Sorry to others for my diatribe.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast