User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I have heard" and "opinions" aren't worth much. The load range E tires have been problematic. The Westlake load range G tires have a good track record. I had a medical director at one time in the Army who's undergrad was in math. His motto was, "In God we trust; all others bring data."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more data point, not an opinion, I just replaced 4 y/o G rated Westlakes. 20k plus miles, no issues; I was starting to see dry rot.

Replaced with G rated Sailuns, which, by the way, are stamped, "made in Vietnam". These tires are beasts, crazy heavy.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow up questions: I assume these tires are to be run at the max pressure of 110 psi?

Also can someone give me the lug torque on the 8 lug wheels; there's a sticker on the trailer but it's faded by the sun.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've posted this before, so forgive the repeat, but here is a good read on max pressure: https://www.rvtiresafety.net/search/...ax%20Inflation
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck so far with the factory 235x80x16 G rated Westlakes on the Solitude 377 we've been having for 3 yrs. No problems even on the hot Louisiana and Texas roads I drive on in the summers. Not quite as ruggedly built as the Sailun 637's I had on our Fuzion toyhauler for 3-1/2 yrs but pretty darn close. On the Westlakes I've been running 105 to 110 psi cold with no problems.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cajun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Follow up questions: I assume these tires are to be run at the max pressure of 110 psi?

Also can someone give me the lug torque on the 8 lug wheels; there's a sticker on the trailer but it's faded by the sun.
    I've been going 110 to 120 ft lbs. Ain't broke one yet!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrandy View Post
    You have presented a great question. I have a new Solitude 310GK delivered in December 2021 with the Westlake STE235-80-16R, Load range G tires. I have heard that these are considered China Bombs. (They were stamped made in Thailand.) I looked at Goodyear Endurance tires yesterday and while same size, they were Load range E tires. I don't believe that Endurance comes in Load Range G. Not sure what to do. I feel that I am stepping down. Goodyear has recommended moving to a commercial tire to maintain the Load Range G. I have heard the new Solitudes are using Endurance now. (Not confirmed)
    It is the E rated tires that people have had the most problems with. G rated has good reviews.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wait

Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    It is the E rated tires that people have had the most problems with. G rated has good reviews.
    Go get quality tires now. I went about 7000 miles on my Westlakes always wondering when I was going to have a blow out. It’s not worth the worry.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    1998.5 Dodge Ram 2500 24 valve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post

I torque mine to 110. As to pressure most people will run at the recommended max cold pressure of 110psi. They r built to take the higher pressures that happen as the tire heats up. I have a triple axle which spreads the load out so I am well under the weight ratings so I set them to 105 psi.
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast