User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Do you see any issue with the 6.5 short bed and clearance?
    Looks like dirtdobber already answered, I've only had long beds with 5th wheels so I have no personal experience with a 6.5' bed. I imagine you just need to watch your cab clearance if you make extreme turns, most likely while backing up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think right now I am going to go with the B & W companion slider hitch.

I’m not sure I’ll need the slider where I camp but I hate to need it and not have it and there’s not much downside to having it and not needing it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think right now I am going to go with the B & W companion slider hitch.

I’m not sure I’ll need the slider where I camp but I hate to need it and not have it and there’s not much downside to having it and not needing it.
    The downside for me was it’s a beast. I didn’t have an electric lift, so I was always recruiting help to put it in or take it out of my truck. I never used the slide function. If I did decide to go with a slider again, I’d definitely opt for an auto slider and not the manual slider.

The up side is that it’s a beast. It’s never going to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOOM - Order Placed!!! Now What Hitch?

My buddy just took delivery of his 340 this week. The dealer (Holiday World Houston) told him the Andersen would not work and strongly recommended he buy the dealer’s hitch solution ($2800). Further, the dealer indicated they would not help him hitch the rig if he got the Andersen.

His truck is 2020 Ram 2500 Mega cab short bed.

He called Andersen they convinced him it would work. He had the turnover ball installed. We installed the hitch in the dealer parking lot and drove off. He was happy. The hitch weighs 35# and he can easily remove it to reclaim his bed space if needed. Since he got the gooseneck version there are no rails in the truck either. A perfect solution.

(Full disclosure, I have nearly 30k miles on my Andersen hitch (14k GVWR))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    The downside for me was it’s a beast. I didn’t have an electric lift, so I was always recruiting help to put it in or take it out of my truck. I never used the slide function. If I did decide to go with a slider again, I’d definitely opt for an auto slider and not the manual slider.

The up side is that it’s a beast. It’s never going to fail.

This is the reason I went with a Goosebox this time. I left the hitch in my last truck all the time unless I needed the bed for something. Even though it came apart in 2 pieces, it was a hassle. Now I just have a ball to take out of the bed, much easier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Guess I really need to decide if I need an slider or not, If a slider is necessary maybe the Super Glide is the way to go.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Guess I really need to decide if I need an slider or not, If a slider is necessary maybe the Super Glide is the way to go.
    There are pros and cons with any of them for sure. For me, it came down to a choice between convenience (light, easily removable hitch or no hitch at all in the case of the Goosebox) vs. peace of mind when making very sharp turns. For the time being I am careful not to get into a situation where a 90 degree turn is necessary.

There will probably be times when you wish you had one over the other Pre a long bed over a short bed. Then again, if you had a long bed, there would probably be times you wish you didn’t.

They are all very good hitches and will serve you well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are pros and cons with any of them for sure. For me, it came down to a choice between convenience (light, easily removable hitch or no hitch at all in the case of the Goosebox) vs. peace of mind when making very sharp turns. For the time being I am careful not to get into a situation where a 90 degree turn is necessary.

There will probably be times when you wish you had one over the other Pre a long bed over a short bed. Then again, if you had a long bed, there would probably be times you wish you didn’t.

They are all very good hitches and will serve you well.

Yep - it's all a compromise.

If I bought a Dully when I bought this truck we would have bought that 16,900 lb North Point from the show.

Super excited about this GD 340 RDS, just want to get the "right" hitch. Not concerned about cost.

Unfortunately, "Right" is subjective.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super excited about this GD 340 RDS, just want to get the "right" hitch. Not concerned about cost.

Unfortunately, "Right" is subjective.
    That is true in this case. Enjoy that 340. We love ours!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true in this case. Enjoy that 340. We love ours!

We are looking forward too it. Perfect balance of size and space.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast