User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I would guess a glitch in the software. It will probably end up right around where the Chevy was. They are all 12200-12400 now and the truck weights are fairly close also.

I would still be pissed if bought one based on that sticker!
    Yes, I am not happy. I did buy the Ford F-350 specifically because of the Payload capacity labeled on the truck. Here’s the backstory. Prior to purchasing my Ford, I had ordered a new 2020 Chevy 3500 SWR with the options I was looking for. The day the Chevy arrived at the dealer, I was able to determine the Payload was under 3,800 pounds. The Chevy needed to be prepped by the dealer so I left it. On the way home, I stopped by the local Ford dealer and was flabbergasted to find this Ford truck (on the lot) with almost 800 more pounds of Payload capacity than the Chevy! The Ford was a little more money and did not have the exact options I was looking for but a nice truck nonetheless...with way more Payload than the Chevy! More peace of mind! I took the Ford home that night to show my wife and we bought it the next day. Informed the Chevy dealer of my decision and understandable lost my $500 deposit. If the Ford recall changes my Payload capacity to something similar to the Chevy, I will be pissed as you say. I will have gone through a lot of gyrations for nothing and lost money to boot.
    Bruce & Whitney
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, 16” Goodyear Endurance Tires, Combo Washer/Dryer (vented), Progressive EMS
    2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Platinum SRW 4x4 CC LB 12,400 GVWR 4561 Payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bparrowhead View Post
    Yes, I am not happy. I did buy the Ford F-350 specifically because of the Payload capacity labeled on the truck. Here’s the backstory. Prior to purchasing my Ford, I had ordered a new 2020 Chevy 3500 SWR with the options I was looking for. The day the Chevy arrived at the dealer, I was able to determine the Payload was under 3,800 pounds. The Chevy needed to be prepped by the dealer so I left it. On the way home, I stopped by the local Ford dealer and was flabbergasted to find this Ford truck (on the lot) with almost 800 more pounds of Payload capacity than the Chevy! The Ford was a little more money and did not have the exact options I was looking for but a nice truck nonetheless...with way more Payload than the Chevy! More peace of mind! I took the Ford home that night to show my wife and we bought it the next day. Informed the Chevy dealer of my decision and understandable lost my $500 deposit. If the Ford recall changes my Payload capacity to something similar to the Chevy, I will be pissed as you say. I will have gone through a lot of gyrations for nothing and lost money to boot.
    Understandable. You still ended up in the best truck though
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have finally decided on the truck I will buy. I will purchase a new 7.3L gas F-350 with the 4.30 rear end. It will be an
    XLT model with only the XLT Premium pkg , spray in bedliner, bed step and the Pro trailer towing system. This should give me plenty of payload and rear axle weight. We have not settled on the 337RLS yet. We both have our eye on a couple other brands.Sorry ! The weights I stated on here as looking into are the fully loaded weights of the trailer. The heaviest would be around 15,000 lbs. We would be no where near that in real life as I see no reason to carry around much more than we do now. We are currently around 8,700 lbs in a trailer rated for 9,995. We are not fulltimers. we are just Winter Texans and winter warm weather seekers. I almost forgot the truck will be an SRW and the fifth wheel will be no longer than 38ft. Thanks to everyone for your input it was a great help. I also lookedual around this winter while travelling and talked to many people about their choices. I found maybe a 60/40 split on DRW and SRW. The DRW won out on people who were towing over 40 ft. And much heavier FW. The SRW were more popular with people towing smaller FW up to 40 ft. It is true it is what every individual is comfortable with. Thank's again for everybody's input.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I have finally decided on the truck I will buy. I will purchase a new 7.3L gas F-350 with the 4.30 rear end. It will be an
    XLT model with only the XLT Premium pkg , spray in bedliner, bed step and the Pro trailer towing system. This should give me plenty of payload and rear axle weight. We have not settled on the 337RLS yet. We both have our eye on a couple other brands.Sorry ! The weights I stated on here as looking into are the fully loaded weights of the trailer. The heaviest would be around 15,000 lbs. We would be no where near that in real life as I see no reason to carry around much more than we do now. We are currently around 8,700 lbs in a trailer rated for 9,995. We are not fulltimers. we are just Winter Texans and winter warm weather seekers. I almost forgot the truck will be an SRW and the fifth wheel will be no longer than 38ft. Thanks to everyone for your input it was a great help. I also lookedual around this winter while travelling and talked to many people about their choices. I found maybe a 60/40 split on DRW and SRW. The DRW won out on people who were towing over 40 ft. And much heavier FW. The SRW were more popular with people towing smaller FW up to 40 ft. It is true it is what every individual is comfortable with. Thank's again for everybody's input.
    Papermakermd - I am going through the same exercise as you, please post your payload capacity and pictures when your new truck comes in. Good luck picking out your 5th wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bparrowhead View Post
    The following is information for forum members, especially those with a 2020 F-350 6.7 diesel Super Duty truck. About one year ago, I purchased a 2020 F350 Platinum 6.7 Diesel LB SRW. The labeled Payload capacity is 4,561pounds. Big payload capacity for a SRW. I specifically purchased this Ford over a Chevy 3500 I had on order that had a Payload capacity just under 3,800 pounds. Yesterday I learned Ford issued a recall to update the truck labeling that “overstates” Payload and GVWR. I called Ford Customer Assistance and my dealership and could not find out the impact to my truck’s Payload/GVWR. Basically Ford told me I would have to wait until I received my notice the week of April 6th. If the impact is substantial, I’m not sure what my next steps might be. There’s a longer backstory on the Chevy I had on order and how I ended up with Ford F-350 but it does not matter here. Below is a portion of Ford’s recall notice:

“Safety recall for select 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty vehicles with 6.7-liter engines for labels with incorrect payload information
    Affected vehicles display overstated payload capacity values on the tire and loading information label, overstated accessory reserve capacity values on the safety certification label, and overstated weight values on the truck camper loading documentation. If the vehicles are loaded to the payload stated on the tire and loading information label, they may exceed the gross vehicle weight rating or gross axle weight rating. This may result in tire loading beyond rated capacity, suspension overload and increased stopping distance, which could increase the risk of a crash.

This action affects 9,979 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories and 1,750 in Canada. They were built at Kentucky Truck Plant from May 13, 2019 to, Sept. 19, 2020.”
    Just a quick follow-up to my post above. The change in payload capacity is a reduction of 549 pounds. The original labeled payload capacity was 4,561 pounds and with the revised labels from Ford, it is now 4,012 pounds. I suspect most 2020 F350 owners with a comparable setup will see a similar reduction. I have been in contact with several groups at Ford, including my dealer, and i’m exploring remedies. Ford proper at this time is not offering any specific remedy besides changing the labels.
    Bruce & Whitney
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, 16” Goodyear Endurance Tires, Combo Washer/Dryer (vented), Progressive EMS
    2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Platinum SRW 4x4 CC LB 12,400 GVWR 4561 Payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F350 Lariat 8FT Bed 6.2 gasser and my yellow sticker has 4,100lbs payload on the yellow sticker. I plan to pull a 2021 320MKS with washer and dryer with it. My rig should be in come May/June. I went over all my weights and I should be within 500-800 on the truck and 1000lbs on the towing capacity. I'll keep you all updated how it pulls.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345