User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Good One, take a gander behind that panel observe the labyrinth of pipe and fittings that seemingly connect back into themselves with a combination of PEX and soft tubing running in every direction.
    It is a rats nest, just like the electrical wiring behind the panel in the basement. But, I think the Nautilus system works great - even if it is needlessly complicated.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good One, take a gander behind that panel observe the labyrinth of pipe and fittings that seemingly connect back into themselves with a combination of PEX and soft tubing running in every direction.
    Yup. But, I don't care - it works ... and well. I did look back there - I take apart every new coach I buy - and while it may be complex, it was well done and doesn't leak. I do know that for those of us who need lots of help (me), I look at the picture, I turn the valves and it all works.

Now, I can't speak to reliability yet, but I can tell you that this system has already gone further than any Anderson system I have owned without requiring maintenance. In fact, I still have a couple of extra Anderson valves in my toolbox (don't leave home without them).

Anyway, I like the system.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! Having said that, the Nautilus just like the Kantleak system, is a needlessly overly complicated solution to providing water to a faucet. Prior to these “advanced” and expensive water delivery panels, water was effortlessly and reliably delivered to faucets, FW tank and HW heaters with a few old school(but dependable) 3 way valves.
    I agree. I bypassed mine entirely after chasing down weeping valves on the back. It was painfully slow dripping, only about a quarter size over a day or so in two different spots and it was super annoying to track down. I replaced the connection a few times and finally got sick of dealing with the plastic crap and just cut it out of the loop.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does the water filter land in this diagram? I'm wondering which inputs run through the water filter.
    2018 Momentum 328M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone correct me. The water pump pulls off the same line as the auxillary fill on this diagram?

Just making sure I'm reading this right.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Someone correct me. The water pump pulls off the same line as the auxillary fill on this diagram?

Sorry, I don't quite understand the question. What do you mean by auxiliary fill?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trueweb View Post
    Where does the water filter land in this diagram? I'm wondering which inputs run through the water filter.
    No idea. This is a conceptual diagram ("how it works") not a mechanical drawing showing the exact layout.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trueweb View Post
    On our Solitude, the water filter goes between the "City water" inlet and the white valve.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

By "auxiliary fill" I assume you mean the "city water" inlet. If so then yes, the water pump is on the same line as the city water use when filling the water tank. Note: You would not want to have pressurized water supplied to the inlet AND have the pump on. Usually one or the other. There are four common configurations/uses of the valves.

1) 1st diagram "City water". Use city water pressure to supply the fixtures (faucets). Water pump is turned off.

2) 3rd diagram "Sanitize". No water pressure at inlet. Use water pump (turned on) to draw (suck) water into water tank. Typically used to pump a sanitizing solution (bleach) into tank to sterilize. Can also be used to fill water tank from a non-pressurized water source (like a bucket).

3) 4th diagram "Power Fill". Use city water pressure to fill the water tank. Water pump is turned off.

4) 5th diagram "Winterize". No water pressure at inlet. Use water pump (turned on) to draw (suck) anit-freeze into system and distribute to fixtures.

Hope this helps explain the use. Is is really a question of what (city water or the pump) that pushes water through the system.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 01-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Sounds like all water going into the camper gets filtered then.
    2018 Momentum 328M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast