User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I mention the 2am freight train? (No joke).
    N[/QUOTE]

Nancy, it can not be any worse than at the Fairgrounds in Goshen Indana at the rallies. The train horns were about 20 minutes apart ALL HOURS of the night. They also shook the ground. The Fairgrounds were next to a switching yard.

JJ
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    It might be helpful is the OP (nyfingerlakes) updated the first post to the thread with a list of who is going and what site they are in. That way it is easy to find who is going and where they will be staying. Just a suggestion.

DAN
    I can get the info ( that I’m aware of) to Eric. I question whether we really want our site numbers posted? Although I just responded to Brian, and anyone with a map could figure out where I am (and most have published their dates of stay here). If I had all the info, I could make a note, copy, and then paste to everyone via PM. Whatever most participants would prefer. We have 6 couples/trailers so far.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 01-07-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are calling Turning Stone, don't let the phone waiting get you down. I called three or four times and left two messages before finally getting a real, live person! They called back from my messages, so they are trying to get to everyone. We're looking forward to meeting everyone in July!
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    If you are calling Turning Stone, don't let the phone waiting get you down. I called three or four times and left two messages before finally getting a real, live person! They called back from my messages, so they are trying to get to everyone. We're looking forward to meeting everyone in July!
    YES! My callback from one message came a day or two later!!!!

If Poplar somehow gets filled, just look at the map and try for a site in an adjacent village. The campground really isn’t as big as it seems. You could be in a different village, yet 50-100ft from someone’s campsite via footpath.
    Footpaths aren’t shown on the map.
    Map is on Turning Stone website, under accommodations, click on Villages RV, campsite map is a downloadable PDF.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 01-07-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a Grand Design Owners Gathering that we are putting together. If you are a Grand Design RV owner, please consider joining us on the weekend of July 12, 13 and 14. This IS NOT limited to just New York State people - it is open to all Grand Design owners. Come an meet many new friends!!! We will be in Poplar Village site 402 from July 11th through July 15th.
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    I can get the info ( that I’m aware of) to Eric. I question whether we really want our site numbers posted? Although I just responded to Brian, and anyone with a map could figure out where I am (and most have published their dates of stay here). If I had all the info, I could make a note, copy, and then paste to everyone via PM. Whatever most participants would prefer. We have 6 couples/trailers so far.
    N
    Why would listing our handle and our site number put us at risk? Should I be concerned about this group?

Most of the people have already indicated what site they will be in, so it is no secret. The dates are pretty much set, so that is no secret. I was merely suggesting that it would be nice to have a list in one spot to see who was planning on attending and to provide a broader picture to others who might be considering coming. I know when I was over at Outbackers back in the day, we would post the list on the first post all the time. Makes it easier to plan the potluck later on!

Seriously, I do understand your concern. I have two grown kids in college, so they are home, plus I have cameras everywhere on my property, I will be alerted anytime anyone approaches my house, so I do not worry about these things. I also have great neighbors who would question any activity around my house when the fiver is gone.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to post the list of attendees that Nancy sent me Dan, so it'll be in the first post in the thread.
    Eric

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry, Dan. I completely understand your wanting a list and locations. We’re there to meet, and have fun. I have a list that I’m happy to send via PMs to everyone coming, and add updates as needed. Yes, several people have posted where they will be and when, but not everyone has. I just don’t feel comfortable posting publicly someone else’s location. (Silly me, I jokingly, inadvertently, posted about my own). Like I said, this forum is public, even more so than FB, as anyone can come here and freely read-almost everything. The list will come to you, via PM, promise.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, guess I was just saying the cat is already out of the bag! We all know where you will be that weekend.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    No worries, guess I was just saying the cat is already out of the bag! We all know where you will be that weekend.

DAN
    Ok, I relent. I was just trying to be a little discreet with the info, but now that the bag’s been dumped, could everyone indicate arrival date? Lorna suggested a meet and greet happy hour activity that sounds like fun (beverages and munchies). Campfires, bring your own grill meat and dish to pass dinner, etc. Be good to post up a loose schedule of shared activities like that. Feel free to suggest more. Bruce and I live in the 50 mile radius, so we can bring a load of wood.
    nyfingerlakes, houndbb-July 11
    Others?
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast