User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra Fuel Tank

I have an F350 Long Bed. It has a 34 gallon tank, which I'm shocked because it's the longer bed, but I was looking for a way to carry more fuel. Either another bladder or one of those that go in the bed by the cab. I'm going to be pulling a 5th wheel so something that will fit.

Anyone have one of these or any suggestions?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, make sure you have enough payload capacity for your truck, to be able to handle the extra weight of however many gallons of diesel AND the tank weight, before you decide. I've got a Dually and added this one a couple of months ago. 60 gallon RDS (fill is 95% so about 57 then loaded) and 37 1/2 gallon truck tank. So the start of a trip I can have approx. 95 gallons of fuel onboard. This one sits below the top of the truck bed rails, and the horizontal part of it is low enough that my in the bed toolbox sits over the top of the horizontal part of the tank. On mine, I chose to use a 12VDC pump that I already had from a previous tank, but I also bought and hooked up the gravity flow part of the tank.....I have options for refueling.

And all of this is in an 8' bed Dually truck and there is plenty of room for the B&W Companion hitch behind the tank and toolbox.

Last edited by xrated; 04-25-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put in an RDS 45 gal in our 2000 F350. Purchased at Northern Tool. Gravity feed with petcock. Now we have 80 gallon capacity. (45 gallon tanks actually takes about 43 gallons)

Pic is before installation.

Pic after installation, with my tool box. Still plenty of room for the 5th wheel. But when we got home after snowbirding this past winter,
    we dedicated this vehicle to carrying the truck camper.(minus the tool box) The tank is only 9.25" thick, so the COG of the truck camper is still over the axle when loaded.

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 04-25-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dont want an in-bed aux tank, Titan and Transfer Flow make larger factory replacement tanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be worse. My similar short bed has only a 26g tank!

We're going with a Titan replacement tank before heading to Alaska.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I have an F350 Long Bed. It has a 34 gallon tank, which I'm shocked because it's the longer bed, but I was looking for a way to carry more fuel. Either another bladder or one of those that go in the bed by the cab. I'm going to be pulling a 5th wheel so something that will fit.

Anyone have one of these or any suggestions?
    Your signature states your F350 is a gasser. In that case you may be out of luck. I don’t know of any legal gasoline aux tanks.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Your signature states your F350 is a gasser. In that case you may be out of luck. I don’t know of any legal gasoline aux tanks.
    There are in fact quite a few tank manufacturers that make aux. tanks for carrying gasoline. One caveat is that gasoline CANNOT gravity fed like diesel fuel can....it has to be pumped out of the top of the tank. It can be pumped into the filler neck of the truck, but just not gravity fed. There is also a special license that must be carried on the vehicle any time you are travelling. Also, be sure and check with the states that you would be travelling in. California is a definite NO, but other states may have their own requirements/rules that govern the use of them in that particular state.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    It could be worse. My similar short bed has only a 26g tank!

We're going with a Titan replacement tank before heading to Alaska.
    Rick, once done you will love it! I had the 60 gallon Titan installed on mine. The 60 gallon will sit a little lower (not by much) than the original but still have plenty of clearance.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I do this on my f350? I've looked but it seams there are no bigger replacement tanks. I don't want the in-bed one if I need extra licenses and can't go in certain states.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Can I do this on my f350? I've looked but it seams there are no bigger replacement tanks. I don't want the in-bed one if I need extra licenses and can't go in certain states.
    Just for clarification, you don't purchase the license, it comes with the tank. The manufacturer has to get the license from DOT and you carry a copy of it in your truck. My recent purchase of the RDS 60 gallon tank, pictured above, came with a copy of that license.....I didn't need it since mine is diesel, but again, you do not have to purchase it......just be able to show it if needed. And yes, every state's laws could be different from each other, so that is something you would need to check out first.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast