User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pantry Lighting Upgrade

Some units come with LED strips pre installed in the pantry. Our 303 came with a basic motion sensor light in the pantry ceiling. Unfortunately it didn’t cast much light on the lower shelves.

I added a Samxu Strip Light Motion Sensor Switch and an LED strip to both sides of the pantry door frame (inside). I tied in to the 12 volt power to the original pantry light and left the original light in place and active (but turned off). Seems to work great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7859.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	32762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2021-03-16-22h59m28s640.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	32763
    Last edited by RoadmasterD; 03-17-2021 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Add photos
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Compartment Mod

I started on the front compartment yesterday. First step was to remove the battery box and cover the hole with a sheet of galvanized steel (purchased from Home Depot). I cut the sheet about three inches larger in each direction and used silicone around the perimeter of the battery box hole. Next I secured it in place with some 3M foil duct tape I had laying around. Lastly, I cut some outdoor carpet (also Home Depot) to fit the floor and glued in place with 3M spray on adhesive.

Next step is to add a strip of LED lights to the ceiling, then attach my four drawer toolbox and figure out other storage options with the remaining space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7845.jpg   IMG_7846.jpg   IMG_7847.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 303 rls 2019. I installed a magnum 2k inverter and wired up all outlets to it, plus fireplace, fridge and TV outlets. 3 battle born 100 ah battery bank. I use two 100 watt solar suitcases for boondocking power but want to add roof top panels . Also adding an external surface mounted antenna for a pepwave cellular router. Did you do the solar roof install your self? I could use advise on PV cable routing and cautions on where NOT to drill holes in the roof.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my own solar but my unit came with a solar connection point already installed in the roof. Have you checked to see if yours is pre-wired for solar?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No pre wire. i think they started that in 2020 models

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that, I think the best place to come down through the roof is behind the cabinet above the bathroom sink. I think there are some vids online. Any other questions about the wiring, etc?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadmasterD View Post
    Given that, I think the best place to come down through the roof is behind the cabinet above the bathroom sink. I think there are some vids online. Any other questions about the wiring, etc?
    Yes, I had already decided to to use that wiring location. I am also installing a surface mount cellular antenna in that location so that the antenna wire feed drops to the space above the cabinet located against the bathroom wall. Perfect location for the cellular router up there. I already fished a 12v power feed for it down through the wall, following the 12v cabinet wires and into the basement where it ties back into the 12v side of the power-breaker center. I will follow that same path to run my solar wires to route to the controller and battery bank. My concern when drilling holes in the roof, is hitting any wiring up there, or punching through the air conditioning ducting. I believe that the AC DUCT runs exactly center of the RV. So hopefully if I drill holes on the roof at one side or the other and not close to center, I shouldn't have to worry about that. Just guessing. I sent an email to GD to see if they had a building schematic showing the layout under the roof. No word yet on that. Where was the PV cable feed box on the roof located on yours in relation to center of RV? I assume it dropped PV wires in the wall btwn bathroom and cabinet as you suggested. Do you know what gauge wire your solar wire is to the controller and batteries?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I read this post a few time. Now curiosity has got the best of me. Why did you remove the cabinet doors above the coffee bar? I assume your referring to the cabinet against the bathroom wall? We also have the 2019 303RLS.
    A friendly forum hint If you use reply with quote the person you're asking will get a notification they were quoted with a link to it. Plus others will know who the question is drected to without rereading the thread to find it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    A friendly forum hint If you use reply with quote the person you're asking will get a notification they were quoted with a link to it. Plus others will know who the question is drected to without rereading the thread to find it.
    (thanks. I deleted comments. lost my place in subject or thread apparently...)
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    (thanks. I deleted comments. lost my place in subject or thread apparently...)

Oh I'm sorry if you misunderstood, you didn't need to delete your post...was just trying to give you forum pointers on making it so people you are addressing know you are...
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast