User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hov3434 View Post
    I have looked all over and yet to find a version of this 2500RL config.
    Did you not get the build sheet from the dealer? If not, just call Grand Design with the VIN and ask your questions. Again, looks like it was just ordered with the theater dinette option versus standard configuration. Dealer could have ordered lot stock that way or could have been a customer order they couldn't take when it came in.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds nice to me! Never liked the dinette's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, we are interested in modifying our trailer to this layout. Could you please upload more pictures and any other info you have about the table and back couch. I noticed the couch in the slide is theater. What size is the back couch. Thank you!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to measure next time we are out. Here are some pix of the living area:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28462.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	34054

Name:	28461.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	34055

Name:	28463.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	34056

Name:	28465.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	34057

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is the standard with dinette in the slide and recliners in the rear. Perfect couples trailer. Very popular

Yours is a unicorn probably special ordered and deal fell through. You did sign for it after you saw it correct? Not sure what the after sale remorse is about? Or maybe I’m reading your post wrong.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Ours is the standard with dinette in the slide and recliners in the rear. Perfect couples trailer. Very popular

Yours is a unicorn probably special ordered and deal fell through. You did sign for it after you saw it correct? Not sure what the after sale remorse is about? Or maybe I’m reading your post wrong.
    Yes, we signed that day and picked up a week later. No remorse at all. I was just shocked I couldn't find this configuration more.

We love the layout and don't miss the dinette at all. So much room and so much light with the extra window under the TV.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hov3434 View Post
    Yes, we signed that day and picked up a week later. No remorse at all. I was just shocked I couldn't find this configuration more.

We love the layout and don't miss the dinette at all. So much room and so much light with the extra window under the TV.
    The fact you signed and picked up a week day absolutely means it was pre ordered specially for someone and the deal fell through. The wait time on 2021 2500RL has been running 12-14 weeks. No one has them to even look at at most dealers. We have a 2021 and waited 14 weeks before she was built. My friend ordered one in Jan and the factory is just building this week.

Consider yourself fortunate you got one so quickly. You can change out the locations of stuff if you want.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    The fact you signed and picked up a week day absolutely means it was pre ordered specially for someone and the deal fell through. The wait time on 2021 2500RL has been running 12-14 weeks. No one has them to even look at at most dealers. We have a 2021 and waited 14 weeks before she was built. My friend ordered one in Jan and the factory is just building this week.

Consider yourself fortunate you got one so quickly. You can change out the locations of stuff if you want.
    Thanks, we do. We actually went in to look at a 2600RB, but I convinced my wife to look at the 2500 even though she wasn't keen on the mid bath. She loved it and the rest is history.

First voyage about a month ago at Monte Sano State Park (Alabama):

Name:	20210403_150700.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	34081

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We absolutely love your unicorn configuration! It is what we wish we could get. We have the 72" theater seats in the rear, and currently have booth dinette in the slide. A few questions for you:

This year is all "silver" furniture but there are 2 textures: 1) a vinyl smooth texture called "anchor up 85" and 2) a denim type texture called "levi pebble". Is yours the smooth or the denim-like texture? It looks smooth in the pictures.

We want to custom order from Grand Design, either the 70" tri-fold (like you have in the rear) or the 79" triple theater recliner (like you have in the slide) to replace our dinette. Since you have both, can you tell which you would prefer to sleep on if you had to? i.e. long couch or tri fold folded out? Sometimes it is hard to tell which is better/worse based on how the cushions butt up to each other and whether they feel lumpy or bars can be felt

Other question on the freestanding table: How stable is it with those legs? I like the scissor legs that you have (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/57787), but there are also square legs available (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/61472) that have a larger footprint (more stable but more knee bangs), but it looks like adjustable height. Also, when you pull the table close enough to eat from, is it leaning forward a lot due to the legs being on carpet and wood unevenly?

Lastly, do you recall how far out the triple theater recliner leg rest sticks out? Intuitively, if we have that 79" recliner in conjunction with our rear theater recliner, the leg rests would conflict. However, if you have a picture of it extended at an angle standing near the fridge, we can see if it would clear or encroach on the rear recliner.

Thanks! You have a very special unit, glad you like the configuration that should be a selectable option

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Looks like you had a good time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast