User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't hurt if those with broken hangers would file complaints with the NHTSA.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crollman View Post
    I realize this thread is a little old, but figured I'd post the following info for anyone who needs it.
    I have a 2021 Reflection 29RS with a broken hanger. Lippert has agreed to reimburse me for replacement of the two rear hangers as well as the installation of V-Clips.

Lippert stocks V-Clips, but they are very difficult to find because the description doesn't include the text 'V-clip'.

Part Number: 103727
    Description: "ANG 3.313 X 3.313 x .179 L1.813"
    Price: $5.95
    I couldn’t find the part on the lippert site.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crollman View Post
    Awesome. Thanks
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the best way to get these installed? Will Lippert send a mobile guy out to install at a fee?

Can these be welded without removing the spring threw bolts?
    Jerry & Linda

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. A search on the Lippert site doesn't pop up this part, but a Google search does. And I recently ordered and received six of them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case, I'm stuck in an RV park right now with a broken hanger. I took charge and contacted both Lippert and Grand Design. I lined up a mobile welding guy, and ordered the parts while also sorting out the problem with Lippert customer support. Lippert asked for photos of the broken hanger and of my fifth wheel and was very accommodating once we cleared that hurdle. The biggest problem was getting an estimate for the repair to Lippert because their incoming mail apparently blocks many attachments. PDF didn't work, and their response was to please resend in a different format but didn't state what format they wanted. A JPG image of the estimate finally broke that log jam. Lippert approved the estimate. I'll pay for the repair when it is done later this week and get reimbursed by Lippert.

I don't yet know how the guy I hired is going to handle the repair.

I've read of other cases in which Lippert apparently handled the whole thing, but in my case I didn't want to wait for that process to take place.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    I emailed GD regarding the spring hanger issue. Their response is they will review each case on an individual basis. There will be NO recall.

I got my hands slapped from GD for attaching a GD email that was posted on this site regarding this issue.

Take care..keep smiling

Mulligan
    I'm curious as to who at GD "slapped your hands". It is my understanding that it is YOUR prerogative to post emails companies have sent you. You'll see it all over the internet and forums. Unless, of course, there was some type of legal statement in the email that said it was private between you and GD.

If the 'slap' came from someone on the 'other' private GD site that didn't like the email post I'm not sure they can (or should?) confront you. They can do what they want on their private, company owned site. Not so sure they can moderate, threaten, or dictate what can be done on this, public, site.

Just sayin'..... And just curious.

Thanks.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-21-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456