Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those susceptible to 'roids

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, kitchen sink has nothing to do with the black tank, only the toilet empty’s into the black, kitchen sink goes into the grey’s, as do the shower, bathroom sink and washer if you have that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gesteff View Post
    First of all, kitchen sink has nothing to do with the black tank, only the toilet empty’s into the black, kitchen sink goes into the grey’s, as do the shower, bathroom sink and washer if you have that.
    Who are you replying to?

Use the quote feature like I have to tag the person you are talking to

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good friend that owns an RV Repair & Storage place recommends pouring a bag of cube ice down your toilet. Then go for a 30 minute to 1 hour drive, and be sure there’s plenty of left and right turns. You want that ice to vigorously slosh around in the tank! The ice will melt and simply run out with all the rest of the broken up sludge when you dump your tank.
    Dan and "Big Red". Amateur Radio W7TNU.
    2020 Chevy 3500HD High Country SRW, 6.6L DMX, 10 Speed Allison, 3:42, Cajun Red.
    2017 Momentum 328M, 380w Solar, 14ply's, GM TPMS, Demco Hijacker Autoslide.
    7 ATV's, 2 Dirt Bikes, 3 Snowcats, 1938 Cat D2 Dozer, John Deere Tractor, too many toys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    Wish you the best on clearing the tank!

I do have a question for the board.
    With the 310gk having a 50 gallon black water tank, how long can I run the black tank flush with the valve closed without risking overflow?

I've been skittish and have at most run it for 90 seconds. I realize its a function of campground water pressure, gpm and all that, but I got a C in Physics
    and would rather not be assigned an F by the DW should I run it too long.

Thanks in advance.
    I always carry a clear 5 gallon container for water emergencies. If I wanted to answer your question at any given campground etc. I would time how long it takes to fill the five gallon container and then dump the full container in the toilet and work off that time and multiply appropriately.
    Long Island, New York

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Who are you replying to?

Use the quote feature like I have to tag the person you are talking to

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I'm thinking the very first post in this thread. The OP said the kitchen sink wasn't draining so it was time to drain the black then grey. But I think it's just the OP likes to drain the black before emptying the grey, not that he thought the slow kitchen sink meant the black was full. I could be wrong.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrover View Post
    I always carry a clear 5 gallon container for water emergencies. If I wanted to answer your question at any given campground etc. I would time how long it takes to fill the five gallon container and then dump the full container in the toilet and work off that time and multiply appropriately.
    good idea.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    DW wife said the kitchen sink was not draining on our Imagine 2670MK. That meant it was time to drain the black tank, then the gray's. Went outside, pulled the black tank t-valve, and nothing. lifted the rhino hose at the TT outlet connection and it was empty. Closed/pushed in the black tank valve, then opened the front/kitchen gray tank and it drained and I left it open. Re-tried the black tank and got a trickle of a flow..... Now what?? Suggestions???

Thanks!
    Steve
    What you might find is due to the (high work standards) of the people putting these things together that whoever did the cutout for the plumbing let the cutout fall into the tank and left it there and it has washed into the drain. if this is the case no amount of tank cleaner will help. What you need to do is put a few miles on it and this will usually dislodge it or if you are set up permanently get a twist-on gate valve and install it at the travel cover, close it and then open your black tank valve then open a grey tank valve and allow the grey tank contents to purge back into the black tank, close the grey tank and open the dump valve. hope for the best.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It most likely is not full enough. Happened to me once...thought the valve wasn't working, cut a hole in the coroplast to check it and it was working. Took a hose into the rig and sprayed water into the black tank until just about full...pulled the valve and viola, black tank emptied. You need to let the tank fill up and make sure you have LOTS of water in it.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    What I do when I drain and flush my black tank. You will need another valve attached at the trailer where your sewer hose attaches. After opening up the black tank valve, and/or when the liquid stops. Close the extra valve at the sewer hose And open up the great tank water valve. The head pressure from the great tank should push into the black tank and Stir anything up that may be causing any type of blocking. After about a minute, close the great tank valve and open up the new valve at the sewer hose and see what comes out. Even under normal conditions and with my sewer black tank flush running I do this 2 or 3 times between my 2 great tanks and the 1st couple of times looks the same as when I initially dump the black tank. Never dump the great tank 1st and try this with the black tank, that would cause black tank water to go into your great tank, and nobody wants that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I did the same thing when I bought my GD Reflection new. Installation of the additional gate valve at the connection avoids any surprises or leak-by's when you remove the cap but as standard practice I drain my black tank first, when that is empty I close the valve I added at the hose connection and open one of the gray tank valves and backflush the grey water into the black tank. Repeat with the second grey tank (if available) and then do a rinse down of the black tank before dumping a few gallons of water into the black tank for the trip home.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678