User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came stock in my 390RK-R. Used it twice. Once the day after I bought it then again about 2 weeks ago. Didn’t like it either time. I had forgotten it enough to try and use after a while of owning the rig and didn’t like it again. Great idea but two issues with it. 1) it’s slow. Ungodly slow 2) it’s too tight. I can spool the 50amp on the ground in about 45 seconds. Takes about 3 minutes for it to wind up on the power reel. Then it has to unwind to get it off versus just pulling it out. And even when I do my best to wind it up either time it’ll overlap itself and when the cord hits the top it slows to the point of almost stopping before continuing its rotation. There’s not enough room to spool it even trying purposely. My girlfriend is 125lbs wet and she was in love with the idea because she can’t hold it up to spool it. After a couple times she spools it on the ground and throws it in there because she can’t stand how slow and painful it is to use. Just my .02

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eizenjin91 View Post
    Came stock in my 390RK-R. Used it twice. Once the day after I bought it then again about 2 weeks ago. Didn’t like it either time. I had forgotten it enough to try and use after a while of owning the rig and didn’t like it again. Great idea but two issues with it. 1) it’s slow. Ungodly slow 2) it’s too tight. I can spool the 50amp on the ground in about 45 seconds. Takes about 3 minutes for it to wind up on the power reel. Then it has to unwind to get it off versus just pulling it out. And even when I do my best to wind it up either time it’ll overlap itself and when the cord hits the top it slows to the point of almost stopping before continuing its rotation. There’s not enough room to spool it even trying purposely. My girlfriend is 125lbs wet and she was in love with the idea because she can’t hold it up to spool it. After a couple times she spools it on the ground and throws it in there because she can’t stand how slow and painful it is to use. Just my .02
    He speaks the truth. Except MY wife can't lift the darn thing.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our manual Mooryde cord reel works great, only take about a 2 min. to reel the 50 amp cord up. One hand reeling the cord the other with a rag to clean the cord.
    2021 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
    2021 Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotta chime in here.....

First I'm going to say that GD does a great dis-service to many of us in that they don't put in a hardwired power cord reel. Heck - even on a Montana you can get one as an option. I'm taking about one where you don't have to unwind the whole cord just to use it.

So - I showed GD how they could do it on a 310GK.... Still, they don't.

Having said all that, I would highly recommend that if you are going to take up space in a storage compartment for that 50 amp reel you use one of these instead. It works great, most all half way decent motorhomes use them with trouble free operation and the trailer manufactures who are kind enough to offer this option use these. Sure - you have to wire it, but for a lot of folks it isn't too difficult; and most probably know someone who can help.

Just sayin......
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom:

I've used ours for 3 years and 10,000 miles without any problems - only smiles in a cold morning cranking in a 25' 50 amp cord and imaging winding this cord up by hand. Well worth the money.

Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I went really cheap, only because I had this extra air hose reel and put it to good use.
    I like you photo but doesn't that add a lot of stress to that aluminum cross beam with that weight? Especially when you crank it during wind up?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckandSun View Post
    I like you photo but doesn't that add a lot of stress to that aluminum cross beam with that weight? Especially when you crank it during wind up?
    I get your point, It hasn't seem to so far. Installing "L" brackets on the back side from the aluminum beam to the floor above for support. I added it right after we got the rig and that was over two years ago. Its screwed close to where the forward/aft cross beam ties (welded) into the side to side cross beam so that helps also. Rolling up the 50 amp cord is really easy with it once you get the first round coiled on it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    gotta chime in here.....

First I'm going to say that GD does a great dis-service to many of us in that they don't put in a hardwired power cord reel. Heck - even on a Montana you can get one as an option. I'm taking about one where you don't have to unwind the whole cord just to use it.

So - I showed GD how they could do it on a 310GK.... Still, they don't.

Having said all that, I would highly recommend that if you are going to take up space in a storage compartment for that 50 amp reel you use one of these instead. It works great, most all half way decent motorhomes use them with trouble free operation and the trailer manufactures who are kind enough to offer this option use these. Sure - you have to wire it, but for a lot of folks it isn't too difficult; and most probably know someone who can help.

Just sayin......
    I nice setup, but almost $800 vs $200. My time is valuable, but not that valuable.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm rethinking this as I am already running short on floor space in the basement.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had an issue with mine. Yes it's a little slow. As far as winding it in I start it out even to begin with and it winds up evenly all the way through. When releasing it I just turn the release lever to the middle and pull it right put. Comes out smoothly to the end. Where it's located is somewhat of an issue but I can live with it. Going to look at the bracing and see if I can add the brackets others have. I agree don't need to add 500.00 to the price to have the better choice. Like everyone's input but I am okay with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast