User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I agree, but the problem is......how do you KNOW exactly what the full capabilities are......and I'm not pointing that question to you, Keeble, it's just a rhetorical question.
    Axle and tire ratings IMHO...

That is what the truck can do from a "capability" standpoint - speaking as an Engineer.

Beyond that, everyone can argue about legalities, insurance, registration, etc.

I doubt I will "overload" my 2020 F450 normally, although if I put an aux tank in the bed, etc. I might exceed the sticker by a bit. I have zero "physical" worries about doing so. The RAWR is 9900 lbs and I know many people that load their F450s up to 12000-14000 lbs on the rear axle on a regular basis as well. I don't think I would do that personally, but it is not a problem I ever expect to have. Even if I overload my truck relative to the payload capacity on the sticker, I will still be quite comfortably below my axle and tire ratings.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffOfBoise View Post
    I just looked at the Ford Towing Guide and footnote 5 on page 13 says "with 13,000 pound payload package". With a 14,000 pound payload package you get 4,967.

JeffOfBoise
    Jeff, I think the truck comes as a 14000# GVWR unless you select a lower GVWR.

I have learned a lot in the past few weeks, on thing is certain, It is impossible to know the exact CCC of a truck when you order it, I have been round and round with the dealers and they can only get the CCC off or a truck on their lot or another lot. Also The ford towing guide is exactly wat it says, "guide" no exacts, and at ths point I believe a stock truck has a high GVWR and the "packages" you add actually lower it. One example One dealer tried to tell me I had to add the camper package and that actually decreased the CCC. I also believe, I am still waiting on the proof, that you can order a 350 with the 12400 package on a SRW and it will get you somewhere around 4500 CCC depending on the build out, I was initially told I could only get 3800+. So as it stands I may now be able to get a SRW that will "legally" tow my trailer... Thanks to all for all of you comments and help..
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    I am ordering a 2021 F350 crewcab 6.7 4X4 DRW 8' bed 176"WB, On the ford towing documentation it says I have to add the Camper package to get 4967 lb ccc. The issue is the Camper package adds a spring in front making it ride like a brick when not towing. Also I have looked at the exact same model without the camper package and the ccc is 5300+lb. Has any one had this issue before? Seems like the dealer would be able to talk to the factory to get the true CCC of the ordered truck?
    I have a 2020 Lariat DRW 6.7. 5320 lbs payload. No camper package.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JeffD68 and xrated,

I agree 100%, its about the numbers, the manufacturer should be able to tell us what the EXACT numbers are when we order it based on them being given the details of the order. because they cant it makes it hard to know exactly what your are getting.
    I was about to pre-order a truck and during the process of running through the options, the sales person (very knowledgeable) ran it through their configurator. This process takes a base truck and adds all of the requested options. In the end it spits out a spec sheet which shows all technical info, weights and payload. This was GMC. Doesn't Ford have something similar?
    It turned out that they had a truck very close to my spec so I bought that one.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    I was about to pre-order a truck and during the process of running through the options, the sales person (very knowledgeable) ran it through their configurator. This process takes a base truck and adds all of the requested options. In the end it spits out a spec sheet which shows all technical info, weights and payload. This was GMC. Doesn't Ford have something similar?
    It turned out that they had a truck very close to my spec so I bought that one.
    Man I wish they did, I would done wit this! seems like Ford is behind in that department..
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also believe, I am still waiting on the proof, that you can order a 350 with the 12400 package on a SRW and it will get you somewhere around 4500 CCC depending on the build out, I was initially told I could only get 3800+. So as it stands I may now be able to get a SRW that will "legally" tow my trailer... Thanks to all for all of you comments and help..
    I have been looking at the Fords, and yes, you can get a F350 SRW CC LB with a 12,400 lb GVWR. I have seen them on dealer lots, and I think somewhere on this forum, there is a payload picture. 4,500+ payload.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ordering a 2021 F350 crewcab 6.7 4X4 DRW 8' bed 176"WB, On the ford towing documentation it says I have to add the Camper package to get 4967 lb ccc. The issue is the Camper package adds a spring in front making it ride like a brick when not towing. Also I have looked at the exact same model without the camper package and the ccc is 5300+lb. Has any one had this issue before? Seems like the dealer would be able to talk to the factory to get the true CCC of the ordered truck?
    We have a 2021 F350 Lariat 4x4 crewcab SRW on order, in fact it's going thru the line this week. I ordered the camper pkg, which on the SRW adds a spring to the rear. To increase the front axle payload, I would've had to order the snowplow pkg. DRW may be different, check the Ford Build website. The note on the snowplow pkg says that it will make the ride noticeably harsher without a plow attached. Kinda sounds like "pick y our poison"! I am contemplating adding a snowplow but a receiver mount, not a full bolt on mount. When my wife saw the "harsher ride", there was a big "no". I did however order pkg 60W - for $165 you get rain-sensing wipers and heater steering wheel. For the wife, who has a heated wheel on her Subaru, $165 was nothing. Personally I could care less about the heated wheel, but like the rain-sensing wipers, had em on a 2019 Ranger Lariat.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    We have a 2021 F350 Lariat 4x4 crewcab SRW on order, in fact it's going thru the line this week. I ordered the camper pkg, which on the SRW adds a spring to the rear. To increase the front axle payload, I would've had to order the snowplow pkg. DRW may be different, check the Ford Build website. The note on the snowplow pkg says that it will make the ride noticeably harsher without a plow attached. Kinda sounds like "pick y our poison"! I am contemplating adding a snowplow but a receiver mount, not a full bolt on mount. When my wife saw the "harsher ride", there was a big "no". I did however order pkg 60W - for $165 you get rain-sensing wipers and heater steering wheel. For the wife, who has a heated wheel on her Subaru, $165 was nothing. Personally I could care less about the heated wheel, but like the rain-sensing wipers, had em on a 2019 Ranger Lariat.
    Mark,

If you ordered the Camper package on a F350 SRW it DOES NOT include an extra leaf spring on a 350 because it is standard on a 350. Only you ordered it with a 250 it would include the Extra rear leaf spring. So a 250 with camper package has the same leaf springs as a 350 with or without camper package. From order guide "CAMPER PACKAGE (471) Rear auxiliary springs (F-250 only; Std. on 350)"

BUT the camper package will include Heavy Duty Front Springs as part of the package on either a 250 or a 350 SRW . The HD front springs per NOTE 2: May result in deterioration of ride quality when vehicle is not equipped with camper.

I had HD front springs on my 2017 F350 SRW and standard front springs on my 2019 and 2020. There was a slightly noticeable difference in the ride with the HD front Springs when not towing the 5th wheel.

Here are the changes when ordering a Camper Package from the order guide.

So what you get with a F350 SRW when ordering the Camper package is:
    *Heavy-service front springs (4x4)
    *Rear stabilizer bar (SRW only)
    *Slide-in camper certification
    ----------
    Order Guide info:

CAMPER PACKAGE (471)
    Availability:
    ● Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat and King Ranch®, Platinum (DRW)
    Not available with:
    ● 20" Wheels and Tires
    ● Pickup Box Delete (66D)
    ● Heavy-Service Front Suspension Package (67H)
    ★Tremor Off-Road Package (17Y)

Includes:
    ● Extra heavy-service front springs (4x2) (2 up upgrade above the
    spring computer selected as a consequence of options chosen. Not
    included if maximum springs have been computer selected as
    standard equipment)
    ● Heavy-service front springs (4x4) (1 up upgrade above the spring
    computer selected as a consequence of options chosen. Not
    included if maximum springs have been computer selected as
    standard equipment)
    ● Rear auxiliary springs (F-250 only; Std. on 350)
    ● Rear stabilizer bar (SRW only)
    ● Slide-in camper certification
    NOTE 1: Salesperson's Source Book or Ford RV Trailer Towing
    Guide should be consulted for specific Trailer Towing
    or camper limits and corresponding required
    equipment, axle ratios and model availability.
    NOTE 2: May result in deterioration of ride quality when vehicle
    is not equipped with camper
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123