User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Price increase

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyB View Post
    Just received a call from the salesman who made the order for our new GD Momentum 395MRS. He is telling us that with the increase in price from GD, that the Momentum price has gone up roughly $10,000! Now our Momentum is due to come off the line on May 3 (Monday). Now our agreed upon price is no longer valid and we will have to pay the additional money if we want the Momentum! We do have paperwork stating the price we agreed upon when ordering, but wanted to see if anyone else who had ordered their Momentum had this issue. We placed our order the first of Feb. and was give May 3 date of completion. Where do we stand with this order? My thoughts are NOT to pay the increase and see what happens. We did put a large deposit down when we ordered and this is to be a cash deal. Is this even legal? Need some advice please! Also, the dealer knew we would be paying cash for the RV and we put down a $10,000 deposit. Our Momentum 395M was ordered on Feb. 10, so well before the price increases came about. This is a dealership in Arkansas. I have posted this on Facebook GD Momentum page, just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this situation? Thanks.
    That is a BS call.......if you put in a true retail sold order in your name, the price is held from the day it is ordered.

Now, if you bought a unit that was already in the back log, and the dealer didn't flip it to a retail sold unit with GD, then the price will go up. But, shame on the dealer if that is what happened.

Grand Design does a price freeze on all retail orders....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Contacting GD may be your best option. IMO, the dealer is trying to "push you out" of the deal so he can sell it to someone else for more than he sold it to you for. You will need to fight to hold on to your position in this rig. The rig went into production because you created a demand for it. The dealer used your funds to secure this order. Backing out of the deal is exactly what the dealer wants you to do. Your choice, Fight or Flee. God's blessings, Frank.
    This is exactly what they are trying to do. Stand your ground. Call GD and then a lawyer but only if necessary on the latter. $$. If you choose to walk away and buy somewhere else then the price increase will apply to you. BTW, cash deals are legal. Once you get the rig, never go back there.
    Please keep us posted. I'd be posting the dealer name also.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just want our rv at the price that was agreed upon! We can find another dealership to do all our service work. We live in TN and Grand Design has several locations that we could use.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have contacted Grand Design and they are researching the situation. I will post the information that Grand Design gives me.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just want our unit for the price that we agreed upon. We will find another dealership for our service needs.
    Well where did you leave it?
    Have you told them you are not paying more?
    Are they determined to not honour the agreement?

Has it escalated to the owner and they are not backing down?

Have they suggested canceling it and returning your deposit?

Perhaps it is like Huntr70 said and they screwed up and didn’t price protect it or they are gouging

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We told them we are not paying more for the unit. I told them to let us know when the unit arrives and in the meantime, we would be contacting Grand Design. We have not spoken to the owner. We did contact Grand Design and they are researching the situation (this was Friday afternoon). I will post more when we hear from Grand Design. Yes, the Sales Manager said we could cancel the order and they would refund the deposit.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We told them we are not paying more for the unit. I told them to let us know when the unit arrives and in the meantime, we would be contacting Grand Design. We have not spoken to the owner. We did contact Grand Design and they are researching the situation (this was Friday afternoon). I will post more when we hear from Grand Design. Yes, the Sales Manager said we could cancel the order and they would refund the deposit.
    Please let us know what happens. If you ordered and signed a deposit (even though I can't imagine a deposit for a unit to be specified later) and the dealer already had one ordered, then the dealer isn't losing anything because his price with the mothership is locked in.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to see what GD say so keep up posted.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on price increase

Wanted to post an update on the $10,000 price increase......received a call today from the dealership where we have our ordered GD Momentum 395MSR and they have honored our agreed upon price!!!! Thank you GD for stepping in and helping with this situation! It is so great to know that Grand Design not only stands by their brand, they also stand behind their customers! Our unit is supposed to come off the line this week and should be at the dealers within a couple of weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cookeville RV in Tennessee is a no BS dealer. I know of folks from all over the lower 48 order and pick up or have the new units delivered to them with no problems. I've purchased three campers now from Adam West aka Batman with no problems , they are great people to work with and very helpful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast