User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing Question

Have a 2022 3100RD. This is the first rig I’ve had with a valve to fill the fresh water tank from the city water connection. Is there a step I need to perform to clear the water from this valve in BOTH the tank fill position and the city water position?
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rabbit,

I don’t think so, the city water connection is like a pass through bypassing the water pump using the pressure of the city water to feed the faucets. No need to winterize on the city water setting.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Have a 2022 3100RD. This is the first rig I’ve had with a valve to fill the fresh water tank from the city water connection. Is there a step I need to perform to clear the water from this valve in BOTH the tank fill position and the city water position?
    Look in your owners manual in the packet of paperwork from GD. The owners manual lists the various Nautilus systems and exactly what steps to follow to winterize your rig.
    Mine has instructions for certain valves to be placed in the 45° position in one of the steps to ensure that the valves, etc, are cleared of water and winterized.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the 45 degree Sparky talking about with a full link to the instructions

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...Rev%208-16.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5245.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	37894

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the “Universal Docking System” not the Nautilus. The instructions do not specifically address the tank fill valve. Just asking if anyone has knowledge about winterizing it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Here is a picture of the 45 degree Sparky talking about with a full link to the instructions

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...Rev%208-16.pdf

Name:	IMG_5245.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	37894

Bill
    The Nautilus diagram in this photo shows the various valve positions depending what you are doing. In every case the valves are either straight up and down or sideways, what's with he 45 degree angle position of the valves?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a compressor to blow the water lines before pumping anti-freeze thru the water lines. I connect the air hose to the hose connection in the docking station and blow some air thru with the valve in the fill position and then repeat for the city water valve position.

If you don't have a compressor you could pump a bit of anti-freeze thru the fill/city lines while running anti-freeze thru the outdoor hot/cold faucet in the docking station by connecting the coiled hose to the hose connector in the docking station.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing Question

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    The Nautilus diagram in this photo shows the various valve positions depending what you are doing. In every case the valves are either straight up and down or sideways, what's with he 45 degree angle position of the valves?
    The 45 degree is part of the instructions from GD when blowing out the lines and prior to introducing the antifreeze for trailers equipped with the Nautilus system.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 11-27-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing Question

I have the “Universal Docking System” not the Nautilus. The instructions do not specifically address the tank fill valve. Just asking if anyone has knowledge about winterizing it.
    Hi Rabbit,

Thanks for clarification. I just assumed you had the Nautilus, my apologies for that. Definitely a different process. I can’t offer any insight to the process other than to be sure you have your water heater in bypass, the system drained and that the valve for winterization is located behind the kitchen base drawers is open. It is there that you introduce the antifreeze.

You could do like many of us and once ready for antifreeze just blow out the lines. Your call.

Seems to me the hardest part of this job on your rig is gaining access to the winterization valve because you need to remove the drawers.

Here is a picture from the Imagine manual.

Name:	IMG_5246.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	37898

Good Luck,
    Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 11-27-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Follow the winterizing instructions in your owners manual step by step and you'll see which steps tell you to turn the valves to a 45° angle and for how long. It has to do with actually making sure there is antifreeze in the multi port valve itself.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar