User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    As a point of reference - I have 3600 watts of battery and 800 watts of solar panels. I have occasionally run the frig (8 cu absorbtion) and while it works it draws enough power that there is not a lot left for the other stuff i want to do (like work). I will leave it on the inverter during summer months when traveling during the day - it easily keeps up with that, but when the days get short i dont do this. And i always run on propane at night. We mostly boondock and i prioritize the battery power for other things.
    Almost hoping the frig will crap out on me so i have an excuse to get a 12v compressor model...
    They do make a conversion unit for your existing Refrigerator.

Search for: "Amish RV refrigerators"
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    I did add some additional information to my post on conversion. I did neglect to include the manufacturer of the conversion does installs at their site for $250. Prices will vary for the conversion unit depending on your model of refrigerator. If you would like contact information, let me know. Warranty is 3 years on the unit with an additional 3 years available for purchase (6 years total).

And I'm not connected in any way with the manufacturer, just it was suggested by the business that installed my solar system.
    What brand of conversion did you choose?

Can you post a link to your Post regarding the Conversion"

Thanks,

David
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    You got a really good deal. Where did you go? I live in Florida so might be too far for me.

I will be ordering the conversion kit (complete replacement of the existing cooling system) prior to January when there will be a price increase. I'll do install myself since the manufacturer (JC Refrigeration) is located about 30 miles from Elkhart, IN and I'm in southern GA. Wish I had known about them while I was up there when I had the solar installation done. They were about 25 miles east of where I had the solar done.

Had the solar install by Solar Energy Systems in Nappanee, IN. Did an excellent job in 3 days (you can stay in their parking lot with power (50amp) overnights (if stay in the unit, they ask it be moved outside shop overnight). Their support is outstanding. I ran into an issue after adding 2 more batteries after getting home and they were able to take care of it remotely. The contact there is Tim. Install lead is Dylan. If you contact them, tell them Norris Klesman suggested contacting them. They said most RV business is word of mouth and like to know who is recommending them. Any questions, drop me a PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    When traveling the normal charge amperage from the TV is about 8 amps, On my 04 it was more like 6 amps (actually measured) Thats all the typical 10awg wire in the pigtail can handle.
    Just wanted to point out that 10AWG wire is fully capable of handling 30 amps. But your 7 pin connector likely has 12 gauge which can handle 20 amps.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live off the 520 and 95. Not far from Camping World
    1998 Fleetwood Wilderness travel trailer (previously)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
    2021 Ford F150 XLT with trailer package and 3.5lt Eco boost and brake controller that goes on and off at will.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    What brand of conversion did you choose?

Can you post a link to your Post regarding the Conversion"

Thanks,

David

Here is the link:

https://jc-refrigeration.com/

This is an Amish business with an excellent record. Started in LP refrigeration and expanded into the RV side. As I said, prices vary by refrigerator maker and model. Shipping is FedEx for $90 and there is a price increase in January. They do have videos online on how to do the conversion. If you decide to have them install at their site, my understanding it takes them about 3-4 hours for the entire operation. Appointment only.

Also check this video out. It's a few years old but is a DYI swap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yte1V3CkDrw&t=412s
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Here is the link:

https://jc-refrigeration.com/

This is an Amish business with an excellent record. Started in LP refrigeration and expanded into the RV side. As I said, prices vary by refrigerator maker and model. Shipping is FedEx for $90 and there is a price increase in January. They do have videos online on how to do the conversion. If you decide to have them install at their site, my understanding it takes them about 3-4 hours for the entire operation. Appointment only.

Also check this video out. It's a few years old but is a DYI swap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yte1V3CkDrw&t=412s
    Yea, I saw that video a couple of years ago. It kinda pissed me off because I wanted to do that to my fridge because I have such a robust Solar and Battery Storage system.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    I live off the 520 and 95. Not far from Camping World
    Thanks. We're close by. Up in T'ville at The Great Outdoors.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree regarding the current capability of those gauge wires, however I have measured my 2020 f250 with a half full lifpo battery (i.e. it will suck down 120 amps happily) and I only get about 7 amps from the 7pin connector. So something is limiting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Just wanted to point out that 10AWG wire is fully capable of handling 30 amps. But your 7 pin connector likely has 12 gauge which can handle 20 amps.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast