User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 265BH xplor and I’m towing it with a Suburban 2500 and I’m very glad I have the 3/4 ton.. Pulling is one thing handling is another. I would suggest pulling a friends trailer similar to yours loaded with all there goodies. Do this on some inclines and declines so you are fully aware of the capabilities of your tow vehicle..
    I’m with the others on a must for the Tran Cooler and also add a heavy duty clutch fan to it as well... You will definitely need air bags or tork lift for your rear end to handle the load..
    We have been very pleased with our Transcend pulling it across the US once already without issues across our smoothly paved roads of our country.
    If your planning on towing in Wyoming or Colorado it will open your eyes about tow vehicles and there true capabilities..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide1 View Post
    I have the 265BH xplor and I’m towing it with a Suburban 2500 and I’m very glad I have the 3/4 ton.. Pulling is one thing handling is another. I would suggest pulling a friends trailer similar to yours loaded with all there goodies. Do this on some inclines and declines so you are fully aware of the capabilities of your tow vehicle..
    I’m with the others on a must for the Tran Cooler and also add a heavy duty clutch fan to it as well... You will definitely need air bags or tork lift for your rear end to handle the load..
    We have been very pleased with our Transcend pulling it across the US once already without issues across our smoothly paved roads of our country.
    If your planning on towing in Wyoming or Colorado it will open your eyes about tow vehicles and there true capabilities..
    OP has already purchased and is camping

No issues with his truck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleK View Post
    We are towing a 2020 Transcend 30RBS with a 2019 Silverado 1500 lease. I have the 6.2 Liter engine and the 3.23 rear end.
    Although we are close to capacity (800lb hitch weight) it pulls fine. I use the E2 round bar WDH.
    It’s only my wife, me and about a 105 pounds worth of dogs in the cab. The only thing we put in the bed is a container of firewood.

We never carry water and are careful how we load. We ran into a pretty strong crosswind last fall. Although we did have some sway in the high wind, we didn’t have any “white knuckle” moments. The sway control did a great job of keeping the trailer behind us. Trucks passing us are a non-event. I never pull faster than 60-65MPH.

I did add a set of Sumo helper “springs” which helped with the “porpoising” on rougher roads. They’re about $200.00 from eTrailer and only take a few minutes to install. I think these newer trucks are sprung way too soft to give a “car like” ride. My 2016 Silverado seemed to be stiffer than my 2019.

We weren’t really in the market for a new trailer as we were very happy with our 2016 Passport, but we got such a good deal on the Transcend, we couldn’t pass it up.

When my current lease expires in 2022, I will buy a 2500 Silverado, but until then, I’m comfortable pulling my trailer with my current truck.
    We are on our first weekend trip and pulled the trailer to a lake in east Texas about 200 miles from our home. The truck did great and had no issues. We were even pulling with with an 18 mph cross wind. I kept the speed around 55 mph occasionally up to 60. Even when getting passed by 18-wheelers wasn’t an issue. We did have a couple if gusts that buffeted us around that raised the heart rate but I think that was just being new to pulling a trailer. We travel pretty light as it’s just us and a 50 lbs dog.

I haven’t hit any big hills yet and I’m am curious how my Silverado will that.

My wife and I noticed the “proposing” when we towed the triller home from the dealership and to the storage facility. I’ve been doing some research and found some helper springs from Timbren that I’m going to try. I figure it can’t hurt. It’s funny, we thought buying the trailer was going to be the expensive part. I have several modifications planned for the truck.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    We are on our first weekend trip and pulled the trailer to a lake in east Texas about 200 miles from our home. The truck did great and had no issues. We were even pulling with with an 18 mph cross wind. I kept the speed around 55 mph occasionally up to 60. Even when getting passed by 18-wheelers wasn’t an issue. We did have a couple if gusts that buffeted us around that raised the heart rate but I think that was just being new to pulling a trailer. We travel pretty light as it’s just us and a 50 lbs dog.

My wife and I noticed the “proposing” when we towed the triller home from the dealership and to the storage facility. I’ve been doing some research and found some helper springs from Timbren that I’m going to try. I figure it can’t hurt. It’s funny, we thought buying the trailer was going to be the expensive part. I have several modifications planned for the truck.
    Awesome
    Glad you are getting some towing experience. Just remember to not over react which can lead to over correction

The hitch may need re adjusted if you haven’t already.
    Adding gear could have taken weight of the steer wheels of your truck which can cause porpoising

A quick cat scale run will see how much weight is on the front
    You want it to be a close as possible to where your truck is without a trailer

Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Awesome
    Glad you are getting some towing experience. Just remember to not over react which can lead to over correction

The hitch may need re adjusted if you haven’t already.
    Adding gear could have taken weight of the steer wheels of your truck which can cause porpoising

A quick cat scale run will see how much weight is on the front
    You want it to be a close as possible to where your truck is without a trailer

Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks for the advice. There is a cat scale near my house. Do you need to make an appointment or can you just show up?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. There is a cat scale near my house. Do you need to make an appointment or can you just show up?
    The one near me you don’t need an appointment
    I am sure yours is the same. Might want to call and see if there is a time they are less busy
    Might get intimidating if some big rigs are rumbling behind waiting

Measuring the wheel well height can work as well
    Get the height back to unloaded is the goal

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I scouted out the cat scales on my trip last weekend and decided Sunday would probably have the least amount of traffic. I pulled in and did my three weighs and no other people were in line. I did my combined weight first and had it weighed and thought since no one was in line i could undo the hitch bars and save some time but when i called in he said i would have to come inside and pay for my first weigh before he let me do my second. I hitched up my bars, pulled off the scales and went inside and paid for my three weighs and completed them.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2021 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    I scouted out the cat scales on my trip last weekend and decided Sunday would probably have the least amount of traffic. I pulled in and did my three weighs and no other people were in line. I did my combined weight first and had it weighed and thought since no one was in line i could undo the hitch bars and save some time but when i called in he said i would have to come inside and pay for my first weigh before he let me do my second. I hitched up my bars, pulled off the scales and went inside and paid for my three weighs and completed them.
    If you get the CAT scale app you don't have to go into the office. You input the scale number which you can read from the truck and it tells you when it's done.
    Then if no one s waiting you can disconnect the torsion bars while still on the scale and get a second weight.
    Then pull off and drop the trailer and get your truck only weight.
    All the weights get sent to you via e mail within a few minutes of weighing.
    Simple and fast.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been to 2 different locations and all have been not so busy.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 5.3 engine is great. It’s not that far behind the 6.2. My 2016 Silverado had the 5.3. We pulled our 25ft. Passport through the Smoky Mountains to Florida and east to Colonial Williamsburg without any issues. It did downshift a couple of gears on the longer hills but managed to hold speed.

I think the Timbren are stiffer than the Sumo helpers. I contacted eTrailer and gave “Mike” my truck and trailer specs and he recommended the Sumo for my application.

Good luck and enjoy your new trailer!
    Last edited by UncleK; 03-16-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast