User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I am also very interested in the details of these cases.

I don't want to seem like I'm calling out this particular poster because stories like this are important and need to be shared but there has to more to this story.

Was this personal or commercial? How overloaded was he? In the context of this thread we're talking about potentially a few hundred pounds or so and I have a hard time believing that would rise to this level.

So a Judge during an active trial tells the attorneys which way he is going to rule before the verdict and the "winning" side still settled?? I'm not privy to how these things normally work but both those things seem a little off

If this is even remotely true and the complete story we all may as well pack it up and never leave the house. Because insurance companies would literally almost never have to cover anything.

5mph over the speed limit, "traveling to fast for conditions", looking at your phone with driving, your tires were too old or worn, brakes were in poor condition, something broke due to poor maintenance, etc, etc, etc.

Almost every insurance claim involves someone doing something wrong. A friend of mine who works for a major insurance company describes it as "we insure stupid"
    It is remotely true.

I will not tell you what I did for a living but I’ll give you a hint....it was in the legal field. I can tell you many discussions take place behind the scenes between the judge and lawyers in cases. Especially in the pre-trial process including mediation and arbitration. They would rather see settlements than waste taxpayers money on long drawn out suits which backlog the courts. You are extremely naive to think they don’t.

As far as allowing myself or others names to be identified by advertising them on the internet on the case I spoke of in general terms that’s not going to happen. Exposing mine or their identities to the amateur computer sleuths and Perry Masons ( many here to young to know who that was) to try and pick apart makes no sense and has no benefit just risk to those who were originally named in this particular suit.

In addition the settlement was reached and signed between the parties before it went to a formal trial after the discovery and depositions were taken. Those familiar or understanding that process understand when non disclosure language is included in the settlement.

None of this is meant to infer this did not happen.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Without the context, I’m having difficulty understanding what you are trying to communicate with this statement.

Are you trying to say that the rated cargo capacity (passengers plus cargo) does not need to the fuel weight in that the UVW already includes a fuel fuel tank as well as other fluid weights?
    Yes that is how I would interpret it.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what I gather from this post is that My f150 with hdpp and max tow package can tow more than most F250?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    So what I gather from this post is that My f150 with hdpp and max tow package can tow more than most F250?

I don’t see anyone saying that but it is very capable to tow most trailers

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't looked at the numbers, but depending how they are optioned it may be possible.

But the F250 will come out on top in duty cycle.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup just like a F350 can carry more than an F450
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have little doubt someone was sued for something and weights were involved. Without any detail, much of which could be given without revealing any personal details we have no context to judge how it applies to the discussion at hand. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I was interested in the details. Its what these forums are for, to learn. Won't be the first time I changed my thinking when presented with new evidence or a different point of view.

Anyone can sue for anything with very few consequences. IMO one of the biggest problems in this country. Heck I was sued once by the other party who got hurt in an accident and they were the ones who got the ticket!

When I said "If this is even remotely true", I specifically quoted the insurance portion of the post. Sorry, without there being way more to the story I cant believe the insurance company could do what is claimed. And I gave my reasons why. If it was that easy they would never cover anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    It is remotely true.

I will not tell you what I did for a living but I’ll give you a hint....it was in the legal field. I can tell you many discussions take place behind the scenes between the judge and lawyers in cases. Especially in the pre-trial process including mediation and arbitration. They would rather see settlements than waste taxpayers money on long drawn out suits which backlog the courts. You are extremely naive to think they don’t.

As far as allowing myself or others names to be identified by advertising them on the internet on the case I spoke of in general terms that’s not going to happen. Exposing mine or their identities to the amateur computer sleuths and Perry Masons ( many here to young to know who that was) to try and pick apart makes no sense and has no benefit just risk to those who were originally named in this particular suit.

In addition the settlement was reached and signed between the parties before it went to a formal trial after the discovery and depositions were taken. Those familiar or understanding that process understand when non disclosure language is included in the settlement.

2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    It is remotely true.

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...lol

I've been waiting...for many years, for a verifiable judgement for exceeding the tire and loading sticker on a tow vehicle. Never one. And now this bs. LOL
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post

I've been waiting...for many years, for a verifiable judgement for exceeding the tire and loading sticker on a tow vehicle. Never one. And now this bs. LOL
    The proverbial unicorn
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post

There is always someone that makes this claim. No one has ever been able to back it up with evidence...

Don't hold your breath.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast